2022-23 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by NCJon, May 18, 2022.

1. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,554
    Pepsi Coliseum holds less than Hinkle and tickets would probably be dirt cheap. Plus, it would be a one-off event. It would sell out.

willisbrown, seadawg and NCJon like this.
  2. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,015
    I just don't see the upside in playing the mid to low major schools in Indiana. If we win, nobody cares. If we lose, it's a complete anchor on our resume. And unlike playing those types of teams from Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, or Kentucky where it's just another buy game, that game is likely to be their Superbowl of the season. Probably a number of local kids who feel they got overlooked and play with a chip on their shoulder with something to prove. We should beat them, but we should've beat Indiana State in 2016. And packing the stadium with Butler fans kind of defeats the purpose of getting experience in a road game with a hostile crowd.

Now hypothetically if a team like Evansville under Rags starts to become a consistent top 150ish school, then I'm game because even if they beat us it doesn't hurt us too bad (the same argument we made for when BU was in the Horizon league and couldn't get a game with IU, PU, and ND). But outside of the top 4 Valpo was the top RPI in 2021 at 237, followed by Ball State at 249 and ISU at 276.

Gregory Roach likes this.
  3. MarcusNellemsfor3

MarcusNellemsfor3 Active Member

Money:
    $129
    St. Francis (PA) at Butler November 18

NCJon, troggy and znelson15 like this.
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    znelson15 likes this.
  5. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,703
    I was looking for confirmation of the St. Francis game before updating the first page (found it) and discovered this will be only the second time the Bulldogs have played the Red Flash. Butler won the last meeting on Jan. 6, 1976 67-63.

6. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,215
  7. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,710
    Dude! That's a simple BART trip. The BART station is in the middle of Milpitas and up in Berkeley it's right downtown. You wouldn't even have to switch trains. Plus, it's only $6 and change each way I think.

I'll do whatever I can to get there. It's an even easier, shorter trip for me. I'm 4 blocks from BART in the City.
    I'm jealous when friends of mine in Chicago or New York always seem to be going to Butler games. Now I finally have the rare opportunity. When's the last time BU has played in the Bay Area?

NCJon likes this.
  8. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,710
    You need to quit mainlining Fox News. Gotta do it cold turkey, man! I know, I know, I know... the shakes, the sweats, the screaming and puking would be pure hell, I know... but really not very different from what you're already watching and hearing.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    PSUButlerFan, 2xDawg, noltar and 2 others like this.
  9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    San Jose in ‘10 tournament run?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $941
    I was there - spend the whole week at Henry’s Hi-Life BBQ between games. What an awesome experience!

BUcheer likes this.
  11. bu97

bu97 Super Moderator

Money:
    $1,062
    NCJon likes this.
  12. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,344
    2xDawg likes this.
  13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,935
    Hopefully that will be the case. There were some elements of leadership missing that past couple of seasons. Players must hold one another accountable, which requires more than a single player.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    znelson15 likes this.
  14. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,272
  15. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,344
    iluvsnow likes this.
  16. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,546
    Loved seeing some video from practice......but I was hoping to see some sort of defensive presence at the rim. Nothing is prettier than a block with a controlled rebound.

17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,196
    I didn't look up the numbers but if we can flip block rate vs getting blocked rate from last year, we will be phenomenal. We may have been last in the country in that stat.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  18. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,757
    I've spent some time in Hinkle this week, including viewing all of practice yesterday. I wrote up a Patreon article on some of my takeaways: trip schedule, practice notes/players impressing, and recruiting roundup. A few bullets of non-paid notes:

-- None of the games overseas will be streamed. I asked again this week hoping maybe something had changed; it has not.
    -- The social media pages will post highlights and hopefully a Thad video after games to go over the game. Not press conferences, but still nice for us all.
    -- Wilmoth has a rolled ankle but should be good for the trip, making everyone healthy to play.
    -- Not in the Patreon piece, but I'm working on interviews with Bizjack, McKenna, and Sundra to all come soon. We'll see if I can set something up with Kapke, I'm working on it.

Here is the full article ($): https://www.patreon.com/posts/butler-roundup-69745732

(If any patrons are reading this, I am currently investigating a switch from Patreon to Substack as I think it will be better for readability and how I cover the team. It's just a cleaner presentation. I want to make the transition as painless as possible for patrons, so it may take some time, and I'll post about it before the actual switch. Just a heads up that is in the works if anyone cares ($ would be the same). If anyone has advice, happy to hear it.)

19. MarcusNellemsfor3

MarcusNellemsfor3 Active Member

Money:
    $129
    upload_2022-7-29_16-21-43.png

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  20. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,740
    Your coverage is great. Happy to follow you to another platform

indienapolis, ButlerFan89 and 2xDawg like this.