2022-23 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by NCJon, May 18, 2022.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,321
    I feel this year is less daunting than the last few years. Maybe that's because I have more confidence in the talent, the new staff and the new blood. We have every base covered and a brilliant head coach to play with the pieces...I'm feeling wooly.

znelson15 and bobbu64 like this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,017
    Crap. Butler is winning one non-conference game now.

NCJon, noltar and godogs91 like this.
  3. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $954
    I think we are just stuck in the Mid Major mindset of needing to stack the non-con with major games.

4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,726
    It's probably about right. Depending on the Battle 4 Atlantis, it's either four or six games against other P6 teams, with two road games, one home and then the neutral site tournament. If Butler gets one of the two non-P6 teams in the Bahamas you have a top 25 team in Dayton and a solid BYU squad.

I think what makes it feel a bit weak is that two of those P6 teams aren't likely to be very good - Cal and KState - and a third in Penn State seems like it is headed in a good direction, but will still be bottom half of the B1G.

Among the low-majors on the schedule, you have quite a few that Butler should blow out but there's also a Yale team that should compete for the Ivy's bid this year.

Seven non-con wins feels like it should be the floor here, but also the schedule looks right to me.

5. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,512
    I also think that some of this schedule was predicated on the short turnaround with the new staff. I have a feeling that with Thad at the helm, the Non-Con is going to be even more difficult going forward. So, I'll take this for this season.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict 10-1 with the sole loss being to Kansas in the finals of Atlantis... by a single point... in OT.

Realistically, 9-2 is well within reach.

znelson15 and Gregory Roach like this.
  6. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $779
    This prediction reflects my expectations as well. And along the lines of "watch what you wish for", I hope Butler has the opportunity to play UD in the second round of the Battle For Atlantis.

7. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,817
    Thank you, PSU. That's kind of you to say. I certainly appreciate your many contributions to the board.

8. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,404
    Yeah I think the cal, Kansas st, Penn st are the ones that make me think this.

At Penn state is what I am hoping will end up being a quality win for this team which very much could be if we win that one

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,258
    It’s certainly not a strong schedule, but it’s probably as strong as it’s going to get going forward (and as strong as I’d want it to be), with a minimum now of 21 Big East games per year.

znelson15 likes this.
  10. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $20,017
    Haha expecting Penn State to be good enough for this to be a Quad1 win is a dangerous spot to be in!

11. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,045
    BEast Schedule released. Only two late tips at home which is nice.

troggy, tlp63, znelson15 and 4 others like this.
  12. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,565
    Half the games on Fri, Sat, or Sun. Only 2 late games. 2 Friday games: Villanova & Xavier. This works very nicely for me this year.

znelson15 and NCJon like this.
  13. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,956
    Kinda like having Georgetown and Depaul towards the beginning and end, and back to back. Should get some momentum going at those times. The middle of that schedule is going to be brutal. Lets go!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,321
    Oh goody, starting off with Uconn...

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,442
    At least we have size this year, so for once we won't just get bullied around. I can't tell you how nice it will be to have Manny and Thomas out there to actually be able to match up with like Sonogo or whoever else they have. He can't just go through Manny or he'll get swatted

16. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $20,017
    Looks pretty good! Only a few Sat/Sun games I’ll have to miss for skiing, and ones at 4ET I can make if I knock off a bit early.

17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,809
    Can MD and Cranjis take one for the team and stage some sort of backup on 74 on your way up for that Friday night game on 2/10 against the team which shall not be named?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,277

2xDawg, DawgPoundMac and willisbrown like this.