2022 Europe Trip

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Albick, Aug 2, 2022.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,017
    Also… I really like Pierce, and we’re all enamored by his athleticism and jumping ability, but he can’t shoot. He can’t play right now if he can’t shoot. He is 0fer on jump shots other than a dunk and just missed 2 FT, now 1/4 for the game. Ouch.

2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,926
    Jayden Taylor has taken over - lead back up to 12

2xDawg, jeff and znelson15 like this.
  3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,017
    IF… IF… Chuck takes good shots this year, he’ll shoot over 40% from 3. He has a great shot, just sometimes forces it. Doesn’t have to this year like he did last year. That’ll be nice - an efficient Chuck from 3.

4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,404
    His eurostep and ability to get to the rim are as good as it gets

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,447
    Sure wish Ali and Luko were playing. Anyone know the extent of their injuries.

6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,820

Both are considered minor injuries that should not impact training upon return from the trip. That's what I was told (and tweeted) and what Butler has continued to post since then.

#60, BHayden, batimm and 2 others like this.
  7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,000
    The takeaways are this team is capable of playing great, bordering on spectacular at times. They are also guilty of some extremely poor play for extended periods. Plenty of items to clean up and work on for a developing team.

znelson15 likes this.
  8. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,744
    I loved Thad's comment after the 3rd Quarter: "You just played 'your' way. Now why don't you play 'our' way". We've got talent. Just have to get it firing on all cylinders. I know Thad & staff will get this team locked down on defense. Can't wait for the season to start now!

9. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,375
    This has been my biggest fear and likely is the biggest impediment to him seeing PT in a crowded roster. He was a decent shooter in HS based on senior stats, but that needs to translate. He can't just be a one-element (granted, thunderdunks are very cool and useful) player, otherwise defenses will scout him too easily.
    Highlights here:

Nice to see Taylor doing so much finishing through contact!
    Appreciate everyone posting about the game since I couldn't watch this one. Three more months!

batimm and znelson15 like this.
  10. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,351
    The good news re: PT and the crowded roster is that we can give him time to develop. He doesn’t need to be relied upon as a major source of offense. All we need him to do this season is give us a spark here and there off the bench and keep developing in practice and the off-season. I think his defense will dictate whether he sees the floor more than his shooting at this point.

bmradio99 likes this.
  11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,000
    I'd point out, he is a redshirt freshman who also led the team in steals today (3) along with Taylor, even though his minutes were limited. PT added a block as well. His shooting is subject to criticism and fairly so. CH had 6 TOs today, just to keep things in perspective. It would be a shame to write this kid off before he ever played in a game that counts.

bwesson15, mwall787 and 2xDawg like this.
  12. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,963
    Understand that Simas is off crutches so there’s some progress.

NCJon likes this.
  13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,442
    That gym has some of the worst shooting sight lines I've ever seen. Pierce was pretty close to 50% on catch & shoot 3's his senior year. I think he's just going a bit too fast because he is excited. It'll slow down for the kid, give him a break, Hunter is shooting what 10% from 3 this Euro trip, any body worried about his shot? I don't think so. There is no one on this roster than can do what he does, & we don't need him to be McD out there. He's not coming in the game to be just stand there and shoot 3's...

14. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $565
    I agree, Pierce's shots were rushed and sometimes his feet weren't even set, he was just flinging it up there. Big difference comparing his shot to Hunter's shot though, which while they weren't falling, at least looked good mechanically. Shooting aside, I have been impressed with Thomas and love what he is able to provide with his defense/energy/passing right now.

SCbulldogsfan4life and seadawg like this.
  15. DawgDude

DawgDude Active Member

Money:
    $191
    Most improved returnee in my opinion is Miles Wilmoth and he looks bigger.
    Pierce needs a ball handling and shooting skill trainer. He is a phenomenal athlete but needs to put in a lot of work.
    Bates is unlike any big we have ever had. He is comfortable going left or right and is very quick. Can’t imagine anyone in the BE will have easy time with him on either end of the floor
    When was the last time we had as many as four guards this talented?
    Imagine Turnbull will redshirt just because of depth. But he’s BE ready as a freshman.
    Bryce Golden was wise to transfer as he would have dropped a lot in the depth chart.

2xDawg likes this.
  16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,442
    Um think we watched a different Pierce, cause ball handling seemed just fine, think he led the team in assists and absolutely went coast to coast multiple times...
    Most surprising player, I'll be honest didn't know much on Jalen Thomas, but he was super impressive. Wilmoth definitely looks like he is hungry.

mwall787, BHayden, znelson15 and 3 others like this.
  17. AZRPh

AZRPh Member

Money:
    $74
    Did anyone notice that the most proximate basket to the camera appeared to have a glass window back wall? Even those of us who did not proceed past high school or Y ball may be initially nervous about that apparent hazard.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg, DawgDude and jeff like this.
  18. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,404
    I agree with all this statement

I thought pierce did everything very well except missed some shots the last game and then Jalen Thomas May be our true hidden treat when it comes to big east plays

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg and NCJon like this.
  19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,291
    troggy and 2xDawg like this.
  20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,321
    Love seeing Tater Tot back at full speed.