2022 Europe Trip

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Albick, Aug 2, 2022.

1. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,739
    Say it with me everyone, it. was. a. scrimmage.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,442
    Thad literally said we have focused on skill development and not done 1 thing yet on offense and defense so what do you expect with a group who had literally never played together... You kind of come in here a lot and ***** about things that literally couldn't be a colder take

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

godogs91 and znelson15 like this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,321
    They played, they won, they learned to do some things together. Nothing negative came of this. Outside of unfortunately Simas and Ali couldn't run with the guys.

And a lot of the minutes played by some won't be there when those two are healthy. This is a deep and talented roster. With a top ten (IMO) coach roaming the sidelines and one hell of a staff. We haven't seen this is many moons. I for one am a little too wooly.

4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,404
    Completely agree

Just the bonding, hanging out, and chemistry building with each other is enough positive for me

But cherry on top we won games and got Tim play against some different competition

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg and willisbrown like this.
  5. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,741
    You are absolutely kee-rect. I know my post seems a bit negative. Sorry. I was critiquing what I saw straight-up without holding back because of how early it is. I guess I was expecting to see some kind of instant stabilization and improvement brought on by Matta. But because I am not an D1 hoops coach I have very little idea what kind of time-table these things operate under.

I'd imagine if someone put a gun to his head and told him to have the team as NCAA D1 competitive as possible by mid August he'd have prepared differently, coached differently, used different in-game tactics and the team would have played "better." But that's a silly hypothetical and there must be a million reasons why you don't coach a team that way.

I stand by my arm-chair eyeball analysis such as it is but there were many things to feel good about. It was great seeing them play and I do believe there is a lot of potential there.

6. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,459
    While Bubby’s observations are astute. I think that type of in-depth analysis this early with the new staff and players are one of the reasons why Butler didn’t plan on providing live coverage of the games. The highlight videos were awesome and I’m just going to try and forget what was seen during the live streams until we get an actual exhibition under our belts. Although even then, college basketball is usually extremely sloppy until late November or early December. I just hope this team can be whipped into shape to be able to go toe-to-toe with Tennessee in the Bahamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.
  7. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $420
    It's probably a good thing that they were able to experience this, and play against players other than themselves. Finetuning the offensive and defensive game plans will come between now and October. This was a trip that hopefully helped bond the team together and will prove useful during the season.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,321
    Nobody hurt their knee(s)...I'll take that as a victory.

9. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    Or broke their wrist

mwall787, #60, DawgPoundMac and 2 others like this.
  10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,258
    Too soon.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

11. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,803
    ?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,963
  13. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,321
    Teddy or Franklin? I personally liked Teddy's policies better but Franklin gave the green light to the Manhattan Project so he'll always win with me.

14. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,803
  15. m4795

m4795 Member

Money:
    $156
    Kermit.