2022 Recruiting - Anything Happening?

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by BigHoss, Mar 14, 2021.

1. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $567
    I realize that COVID has thrown a huge wrench in to the 2022 recruiting cycle.

However, I can hardly remember the last time we were even remotely connected to a '22 prospect. Eerily quiet!

Any word on who we are prioritizing?
    Are we in "wait and see mode", and planning to use the AAU circuit to make offers?
    What do we need in the class, and how many spots are available currently?

2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,692
    With Markeese's departure and assuming no additional '21 pickups or incoming transfers, there are four scholarships available for the 2022 class.

I do expect Butler will be going after some transfers, though.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  3. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,670
    In connection with our recruiting efforts, who do you think will be back next year? Due to the special COVID year NCAA rules, theoretically, every player could return. On the other hand, we already have had one transfer announced. Will there be others?

On a scale from 1-5 (5=certain to return; 1=definitely will not be back), how would you rate our roster?

Thompson
    Nze
    David
    Bolden
    Hodges
    Golden
    Mulloy
    Harris
    Tate
    Johnson
    Coles
    Wilmoth
    Donovan
    Parker

4. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,670
    We have five scholarship players (Thompson, Nze, David, Bolden, and Hodges) who have played four seasons, including this season, but who are still eligible to play next season due to COVID rules. We have seven other scholarship players. Regardless of which of the five four-year players returns (on scholarship) and assuming no one else leaves, does that mean that we have six of 13 available slots for new scholarship players for next season? (Hodges always planned to stay and play next season, but did we pick up an additional open scholarship slot for next season by him playing this season?) We have three commits (Hughes, Taylor, and Thomas). So, do we have three available scholarships for next season?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021