2022 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by willisbrown, Dec 2, 2021.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,858
    Not sure there is a need or mutual interest, but former 5 star guard Bryan Antoine of Nova hit the portal recently. He is not a PG.

2. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    That’s a risky one. He has talent but he’s battled several injuries and was never really able to produce over the last 3 years at Nova.

3. seadawg

Money:
    $9,858
    Agreed, but he played pretty well against Kansas and should be fundamentally sound.

4. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237
    Baylor Scheierman to Creighton. Perhaps the top portal morsel this season. Jays top 5 pre-season?

@JonRothstein

Has any conference done better in PORTAL KOMBAT than the Big East? If I was a coach in that league, I'd keep a Modelo on the table for every meal from now until November 7th. Conference is LOADED.

5. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $947
    PORTAL KOMBAT is maybe the funniest CBB term I have ever heard.

2xDawg and WDLTH like this.
  6. Coltsfan77

Coltsfan77 New Member

Money:
    $29
    Will Bates be last pickup of off-season? If he doesn't transfer who is next target?

7. seadawg

Money:
    $9,858
    Portaling...

8. ButlerAlumni

ButlerAlumni New Member

Money:
    $24
    It seems like several on this board are dismissing Chuck as a potential point guard option with Tate backing him up. I realize some of those questioning his ability to be the point guard is because he was prone to dribble too much. However, he did come to Butler as a point guard and was a distributor in high school and I have a feeling that Matta and the AC’s may be able to work with him to cut down on his over-dribbling. If Chuck has any aspirations to play beyond Butler, I believe that based on his size he is going to need to it as a point guard

ButlerHomer, SnoopDawg, #60 and 4 others like this.
  9. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $947
    This is definitely a valid take, in the same vein as Shelvin Mack needing to develop pg skills to make it to the next level.

10. chc3

chc3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $478
    The over dribbling was likely the coaching. Consider Thompson.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Well-Known Member

Money:
    $533
    I had actually forgotten he was more of a facilitator in high school. I think this is a pretty well written point that I can agree with.

If Chuck does have to end up playing a little more point, I think taking a one year 3 point shooter would be beneficial in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. seadawg

Money:
    $9,858
    Grant Sherfield of Nevada is still available and is the top rated PG who remains uncommitted.

estar20dawg, DawgPoundMac and 2xDawg like this.
  13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,050
    People are also dismissing the idea of Simas being a point forward. The idea of him breaking a press makes me nervous, but some sort of combination of him and Harris is plenty of distribution. Simas is the best passer on our team, hands down.

Tentozen, cornette33 and mwall787 like this.
  14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,381
    I think Simas and Chuck (up until this point) have been better off the ball. I think a one year flier on a established PG would allow that to continue. If you had to roll as is, that would be OK but I think our ceiling is lower without a true PG or 3PT assassin on the roster.

SnoopDawg and Tentozen like this.
  15. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    I’m going to let Thad make that decision. That could’ve very well been a product of LaVall’s offense and how they were coached. I don’t know that there will be enough minutes for anyone else at this point which might make it hard to convince someone else to come to Butler.

Tentozen and seadawg like this.
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $9,858
    Not to dismiss the skill of the current roster players, but only going by TM's earlier statement on needing an additional PG. If BU were fortunate to appeal to Sherfield, he would undoubtedly be picked up. He is the complete package at PG. If not, I'm content even if no one else is added.

17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,381
    I mean Tate is still coming back from his knee and is an unknown to be honest. I’m sure they’d love to have an experienced PG just in case. A one year player like Hunter makes sense.

But I’m of the mind that you use that last spot on best available. We have a lot of potential but not a lot of sure things. If something makes sense, I have faith in Thad.

2xDawg and seadawg like this.
  18. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,127
    If Chuck can bring the ball up the court without turning it over, that might be all we need from him if he plays point. Chuck showed that he can attack the rim with some success last year. If he can combine that with the 3 point shot he had his Freshman year, it might be advantageous for him to match-up against smaller defenders who he can attack and and won't have as much length to disrupt shots.

19. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,218
    Luke Brown is going back to Stetson. Odd considering it wasn't the right fit just a few months ago. This kid is a head case.

20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    I think we’re dismissing him as a point guard because we’ve watched him play point guard.

Now it’s *possible* he completely changes, but until that happens he should be completely dismissed as a point guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

thevinrod and Hinkle like this.