2024 7'6" Olivier Rioux

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by joebbutler, Jan 3, 2023.

1. joebbutler

joebbutler New Member

Money:
    $15
    Is Butler going after Olivier Rioux? 2024 Graduate 7'6" from Canada plays at IMG? I haven't seen or heard and he would add depth at the Center.

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,665
    I saw him in person last month at IMG, the dude is huge, extremely raw, very limited actual basketball ability, average to below average hands and reactions

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $21,251
    Seems like a perfect fit at Purdue!

4. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $383
    right now this guy is red shirting. 7'2" able to play away from the basket some. He is paying for his own extra workouts
    and of course Purdue like Butler wants Flory. ;)

5. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,856
    my sense is that we have begun to recruit just like every other team in the country - back when things were less glamorous, we dug for unpolished average sized guys who were team oriented - had a desire to work hard, hustle, had a desire to win, and were generally focused on things like rebounding and putting the ball into the basket - not so much worried about their NBA prospects or NIL take...

6. HoosierDawg

HoosierDawg Active Member

Money:
    $218
    They seem to sign some 7’+ guy every year. I think they have another one from Finland(?) that they’re redshirting this year. Edey is from Canada and I don’t think he was widely recruited by P6 schools at all.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,313
    Close, but Peter Berg is from Sweden and considered a 7'2" 3 point shooter.

8. DawgDude

DawgDude Well-Known Member

Money:
    $869
    Iwhat Matta is trying to recruit.
    I read they wanted Kalkbrenner first and Edey was a third choice. Obviously Purdue knows how to develop bigs. There must be someone or a few individuals who help place kids from overseas in certain colleges.