22-23 Roster ??

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BUBandGeek, Apr 1, 2022.

1. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,421
    Poppa Bates coming in at #1 in a landslide on the helicopter parent rankings

dawgs2014 and iluvsnow like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,584
    He's not without his drama and his family shiite....still though it amazes me he had to settle for a lower tier MAC program.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,413
    Every time a kid’s dad is a starting character in their recruitment, you never lose by staying away.

Dante Moore, a five star qb who just committed to Oregon, feels like a similar story.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BigHoss likes this.
  4. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,421
    Bingo. Dante Moore seems like a good kid, but these types of stories rarely seem to work out once they get to the college level.

I think if Dante had it his way, and Dad wasn’t continually stirring the pot, he’d have committed to ND back in March. Oh well

butlerdude05 and dawgs2014 like this.
  5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,877
    That kid has soup NIL $$$ in his future

butlerguy03 and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  6. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,254
  7. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,576
    My all-time best for reps is like 25lbs lol

joliebeth23 likes this.
  8. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $568
    What was Rothstein saying?

9. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,817
    He sent out a tweet 5 days ago saying that Bates hasn't been cleared for all basketball related activities, but that he "continues to progress."

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,118
    This is accurate. Should be 100% ready for Europe. But not quite there yet from a contact perspective. (Strength is obviously there.)

Tentozen likes this.
  11. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,799
    It's not news that Bates has a history of injuries, the gamble has always been that he overcomes that history and puts it all together for a gangbusters year... TM has made that bet.

12. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,817

And I'm glad Matta did, it's definitely worth the gamble. All it takes is for one big man of Bates' caliber to come here and have a success story that tells future big men "You can do this at Butler too" (Of course having Matta helps as well.) Also, not to jinx anything, but wouldn't it be pleasantly ironic to have a guy with a history of injuries come here and turn things around at a school that's had a bad track record of people getting hurt lately?

DawgPoundMac, bmradio99 and Tentozen like this.
  13. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,254

Simas among Ryan Cassidy's top Big East candidates to make a "sophomore leap".

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,557
    Hard not to include Taylor on this list as well

15. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,792
    That might be true. But the payoff from Luko, IF things go well, is monstrous. I think that's part of why we see his name popping up on some pre-season lists of this-or-that while other quality BU youngsters' names aren't (yet!)

More than anyone else on this team we can already see real NBA potential (I could see traces of it a month or so into last season--turnovers and all), and I don't mean Alfording at the end of a bench. But that's IF. He's not there yet, but mostly he just needs fine tuning. I think Matta will likely get that from him and get it soon.

And he's already grown so much. Do you guys remember how slow his shot release was at the beginning of last season? And yup, he's thrown some passes into the stands but part of that is the degree-of-difficulty he attempts. He'll tighten that up and then achieve the rare phenomenon of posterizing assists à la Magic and Stockton. The guy's not even thrown-off if he makes a bad pass! He plays like he knows that's only a temporary speedbump--like it's a mere growing pain to learn from and move past.

Precocious Lukosius

It's funny because Lukosius actually IS the definition of precocious and it's not just a cute rhyme from some TV color guy. He's like a young thoroughbred who runs, runs, runs but needs to learn not to get out to a 4-length lead too early. Or a 8-year-old genius concert pianist who chooses to perform the most flamboyant, high-flying (and riskiest) pieces at his Carnegie Hall debut. I believe he's already shown signs of reining that in but, if I'm totally honest, I will say a small question of restraint and consistency still remains.

On a sorta related note, I am SO excited to see what Wilmoth can do with better coaching. With him it's hard (for me) to tell because I think he needs a combination of mystery (to me) factors to loosen his thinking up and get his b-ball determination (and confidence, perhaps) in sync with his athleticism. probably the biggest one of those factors is the solid teaching, direction, and leadership one gets from a top-level coaching staff and a winning atmosphere.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  16. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,532
    Seeing Jalen Thomas's quote in a recent Woods Star article in which he said he thought his and Manny's skill sets were complementary got me thinking that there *could* be some times where we are 6-4, 6-6 (or 6-4), 6-8, 6-10 & 6-11.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,235
    Have heard that Simas made the list of most impressive players this summer by someone who knows:)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,584
    It'll be cool to look like a big east team.

19. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,595
    My thoughts exactly. We will for the mold finally of a big time college program.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  20. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,773
    Hey now, looks are only half of it. I’m convinced that if LJ still had the reins, this team could look like they got their talents stolen by aliens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    pjohnsto2003, 2xDawg and willisbrown like this.