22-23 Roster ??

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BUBandGeek, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,803
    I would imagine he's still a couple of weeks away, 5 days ago on twitter he implied he'll be ready in 1 month.

ButlerFan89 likes this.
  2. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,875
    This is enjoyable to watch. The defensive intensity is there but they’re relaxed, composed. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,444
    Yes. James Franklin (PSU football) is notorious for this. Drives the whole fanbase crazy. Unless the guy is out for the year, he literally won’t even acknowledge if a player is hurt or not.

jeff likes this.
  4. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,756
    The commentators tonight specifically talked about Ali and Thomas’s injuries and that Thad mentioned they are BOTH making progress and will hopefully be joining the team soon. The commentators mentioned January being the best time to add new people just as the conference slate is starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen, #60 and NCJon like this.
  5. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $974
    Cool

6. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,342
    Except we have UCON on 12/17 followed by Creighton on road and Providence all before January. They get back when healthy but I sure hope at least 1 is back in early December. Feels to me like our team for the Bahama's is what we have today. Makes TN a must win game. To get out of there with 2 would be amazing.

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,038
    TN is far from a must win game. When two in the Bahamas - any two - and it’s a good trip.

Edit: win***

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  8. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,756
    Yeah not saying it’s ideal at all. Just pointing out that some of the worries about Ali’s eligibility or time away from the team is likely unfounded. Thomas tweeted “1 month” a few days ago so I’m cautiously optimistic he’ll be back for the conference opener.

And yeah TN will likely be a top 10 team by the end of the year so playing them is like playing with house money. Keep it within 10 and our KP stock will continue to rise just by playing them. While Tenn is certainly winnable based off their play against Colorado, they have more more talent and balance than BU with our front court being so thin. Gotta take care of BYU/USC/Wisc/NC state if it plays out that way.

9. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,342
    Yes, "must win" was poor phrasing. My thinking was the easiest path out of there with some modicum of success would be win the first. Especially with the lack of front line depth.

10. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,218
    I get that a team's fans are interested in knowing when their team's players might be returning, but why provide more information to opponents than is necessary? In addition to privacy concerns with a player's health information, it would seem that keeping your opponents guessing about your personnel would be a good thing.

DawgPoundMac, WestLoopDog and 2xDawg like this.
  11. Albick

Money:
    $3,218
    At his current rate (3.5 blocks per game), Manny Bates would break Butler's single-season block record (64, Rolf van Rijn in both 1996-97 and 1997-98) in the 19th game of the season (January 13 vs. Villanova). In 32 games (conservatively assumes only one BET game and no post-season tournament games), at that rate, after this season, Bates would be fifth in all-time career blocks at Butler with 112, between Kam Woods (125) and Tyler Wideman (104). For comparison, Kam and the Big Cat each averaged about one block per game.

I don't expect Bates to continue at his current rate because the competition will get stronger and opponents will adjust to some extent, but Bates certainly is a player like we have not seen at Butler before.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  12. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,574
    I am in the same boat win any two games down there and I am very happy

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,204
    Playing 3 games in 3 days, post depth could be a concern.

Tentozen likes this.
  14. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,503
    Obviously, post depth and Manny staying out of foul trouble is a major factor for the upcoming trip, but my biggest concern/opportunity for growth is whether our guards can get the ball where they want against bigger, more physical guards that will be trying to dictate where we go. This group has not, historically, done well against the type of defense they are going to see on Wednesday. It has made them uncomfortable and they have shot poorly even when they get looks. Can they get the ball reversed and put TN into rotations and knock down looks?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. DawgDude

DawgDude Active Member

Money:
    $342
    no one has mentioned Connor Turnbull . what he has shown in a few minutes makes me excited for what he is going to be. smooth stroke, can handle the ball, rebounds and blocks shots the correct way. he has the potential to be one of the dawgs best ever

16. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,241
    Sorry if someone answered further up in this thread, but is there any update on Wilmoth's arm injury, or when he may return? Understood it was a game to game decision.

17. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,302
    At some point during warm-ups last night, he removed his sweatshirt and the arm/wrist brace I thought I had seen before was gone. He also spent some time doing what appeared to be some form work without a ball. He looked to be just itching to get back out on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

cornette33 and 2xDawg like this.
  18. Albick

Money:
    $3,218
  19. DawgWild

DawgWild Active Member

Money:
    $251
    Manny,
    We're glad too!!!

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,038
    Manny is gonna be right up there with the most fun to watch players Butler has had. He’s a cheat code.