#24 Butler Bulldogs (7-0) at Ole Miss (5-2) - 12/3

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Dec 2, 2019.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,049
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

KenPom Rankings
    20th - Overall - 65th
    19th - Offense - 91st
    38th - Defense - 53rd
    341st - Tempo - 114th

Time: 7:00 PM Eastern
    TV: SEC Network
    Radio: 93.5FM/107.5FM/1070AM
    Live Stats

Butler Roster
    Ole Miss Roster

2. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    This should say Butler Bulldogs #24 vs. Ole Miss.

We are now in the top 25! Let's keep it up.

MBA2003, jeff and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,049
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,419
    Hastings surely won’t play in the next three games.

5. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    Quoting myself I know. But so happy to see us ranked again on the national stage. I know it's just a number, but it's a good day to be a bulldog. Being in the top 25 means our scores are at the bottom of every telecast and the front page of every NCAAM scoreboard. That kind of exposure is great to recruits.

6. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $642
    Does Ole Miss have a decent basketball message board? Are they aware they play basketball there?

Insane Dawg likes this.
  7. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,049
    I tried to find one when I set up the game thread. Most of them seem to be football-centric with maybe a thread or two about basketball. Maybe @willisbrown is aware of a good one?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  8. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $642
    That's what I was seeing too.

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,299
  10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,976
    I have no idea what to make of Ole Miss after the Oklahoma State beatdown. Probably going to chalk it up as an outlier, as it looks like they couldn't throw it in the ocean from the beach that day, but have otherwise been okay on offense. Being ranked is fun, but I hope a number next to the name doesn't take away any chip-on-its-shoulder fire.

Hinkle likes this.
  11. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $642
  12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,487
    This game is a mystery for a few reasons:

1. Ole Miss surely isn't so bad as to lose to Oklahoma State by 41
    2. Florida is coming to Hinkle for the next game
    3. Dawgs finally getting recognition after a great start to the season
    4. McDermott still not 100%

With all that being said, this team is playing really well AS A TEAM right now. The team is showing it can win the close games, and can come back from a deficit. Continue to do these things, and I think the Dawgs win this one.

13. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,121
    SEC Network the only telecast outlet? I don’t get that network.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,129
    ButlerNut likes this.
  15. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,049
    It might be available on the ESPN app. Another option would be to sign up for Hulu Live's free trial and then cancel before it starts billing you. I know it has the SEC Network.

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,223
    YouTube TV has it, too, for anyone wondering.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Saying all of that-Ole Miss is 100% a wild card team. You have no idea what you are going to get night in and night out. Tyree is solid and mostly consistent, the rest, just go watch the penn st game...dead the first half, everyone on fire the second half.

Players like Hinson, Shuler, Williams, Crowley-they are either on or way off. Buffin is a little more consistent but even he got caught up in the mind battle the other night, even with his talent. They are as talented as any Ole Miss team I have seen in years. But, it's mostly young talent that is developing and most of these guys (all but 4) are learning Kermit's ways/system.

Shuler and Hinson are the keys. Tyree will get his whether it's Baldwin, Thompson, Battle, whoever guarding him He's good for 16-18 on an off night. Shuler has so much talent but has disappeared for some reason. But he can light you up for sure. Hinson is the one to watch. You'll love his fearlessness. He has been very ill and is coming off of that but lit Memphis up. He's capable of going off for 5-6 threes. That will most likely be McD's match up. Should be interesting and will surely test McD's ankle.

Tentozen likes this.
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Yeah it'll be on the watch espn or espn app or whatever the hell they are calling it.

19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,121
    Great insight as usual Lukas. But other than the one sentence about the Rebels holding home court advantage, I don’t think you emphasized this enough. Past Butler teams have looked like night and day on opposing courts, especially with shooting percentages and turnovers. I’m hoping Lavall and staff have them playing focused and confident.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99 and Lukas Harkins like this.
  20. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,277
    I was actually thinking about scrolling scores the other day...they are all but pointless in the instant app world we live in. Who actually uses the scrolling scores to stay up to speed on the results of games these days? No one under the age of 35 I am sure.

seadawg, SnoopDawg and Tentozen like this.