#24 Butler Bulldogs (7-0) at Ole Miss (5-2) - 12/3

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,687
    I mean, at the risk of sounding like an idiot because I don't know or care much about this situation and college football generally, it sounds like some serious immaturity from the players.

Your coach went 9-17 over the last two years. I don't care how much you like him; he got paid 8 figures over three years to be awful. Things are going really well for him, really. You're mad the fans are mad? You're mad the administration canned him? Just go play FCS and no one will be mad when you suck. Sounds like that's what they want.

BHayden and willisbrown like this.
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,451
    I think if Ole Miss doesn't sh*t the bed and wind up outside the top 75, this will be a Quad 1 road game we need to win. It's going to be tight down to the wire. I can't imagine they are as bad as they have recently been playing.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,299
    Those voices are pissed off emotional young players that don't understand business/economics and they are all pissed they will now have to be accountable with an actual staff in charge. Luke was their friend, their yes man, their buddy. They got used to that and it showed on the field. They were abysmal and undisciplined all around. And they were embarrassing the university. A change had to be made and with any change, both committed recruits and current players-there will be attrition.

They are seeing red and I know for a fact other players have come out saying that this player or that player is loud and doesn't speak for the team. We'll see what happens but much like with what y'all went through...a total reset is needed here. So, if there is a mass exodus and a complete rollover, whatever. These guys are low level sec players, which is still very high caliber, but wouldn't start at most sec programs. Let them vent. It's a shame to see it and it's a bad look, but the ones leaving/venting have no place on this team going forward or are graduating.

When the new regime takes over (soon, as in Sunday) we will see who stays/who goes and we will have a whole new look to the recruiting class. Like I said, a complete reset was needed. No matter the public damage. It's a net win as the city of Oxford and the university were bleeding money because of Luke. Merchants are getting killed because no one goes to games. They all stepped up and got this done. When y'all went through all that BS it was miserable for a bit. That's what will happen here. And that's ok, sometimes you have to reboot. Ole Miss will lose many recruits and many current players, but none are high level and they will recover with a much stronger regime and the fan base reengaged. It's about the future of the program and the kids know that ain't them. And the future of the city. Things will be better soon enough.

I know who the hire is going to be. It just probably won't be announced til sunday after the champ games.

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Definitely should be a top 50-60ish win when all is said and done this year. Which will play well with the committee.

bumba likes this.
  5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,976
    Definitely. Gotta get this one; non-conference road wins are great, and it's going to be a lot harder to knock off Baylor. Let's get it done.

DawgWild likes this.
  6. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    I've said it but Ole Miss is still very much developing. We may beat them tonight, but they will look 180 come February. Kermit is still teaching and they are still growing. Very, very young. So whatever you've seen so far or may see tonight, we will see a strong team (should be top 50) come the end of the conference regular season. Strong prediction but the talent and obviously the coaching is there. Big time. We are better right now and will continue to be, but this would be a nice W come pucker time.

7. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,445
    Willis, who are you picking tonight?

Insane Dawg likes this.
  8. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,195
    Don't worry I have you covered! (Not just for Butler games either.)

9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,239
    So Norvell or Fickell.
    Norvell might go to FSU

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,687
    Their last four recruiting classes have graded out pretty poorly, with no top 100s and just 3 top 150s in four years. Have they hit on some diamonds in the rough? Or do they have a number of transfers?

11. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,122
    I’m sure PSU has your back on jumping on the refs!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

PSUButlerFan and Tentozen like this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Hinson and Buffin reclassified last year and I'm not sure what their ranking was at the time, but they came in as 17 year olds.

Khadim Sy came in from Va Tech via community college, he was a decent recruit back when. But not very highly ranked. Crowley is their highest rated one other than Shuler. Crowley was 124 nationally last year. He shows flashes but isn't nearly consistent enough yet.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    I am going to ride with Butler but I just hope for a good game with no injuries. It's one of those where I'm counting down the hours, but, at the same time I hate it.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Norvell is the word...they are throwing everything they can at him. FSU is on him kinda, but I think FSU needs a bigger splash and wants a bigger splash.

If not Norvell, Napier from ULL will probably be the hire.

15. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,130
    Get Jason Brown, at least you will have some good talent

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols Member

Money:
    $84
    I’m so happy and excited. Go Dawgs!

17. Not as happy and excited as me!! Go Dawgs!

18. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $302
    Civil war allusions aside, I’m not sure I get this ‘parody’ account. I presume we the Butler fans who post here are the butt of the joke, but the optimism is so consistently on the nose, doesn’t it just become what it’s parodying? If you show up to a game and ‘ironically’ cheer for your rival, at some point doesn’t it cease to be ironic? You’re just cheering for your rival

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MSUDawg and willisbrown like this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    Jared or BU97 need to send this douche bag into the sun.

MSUDawg likes this.
  20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,239
    I just assumed that was a given...