$3MM Butler Head Coach's Salary

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by tobystorrs, Mar 2, 2021.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,731
    Kam Woods has a similar job and history with OKC and their G League team. I would like to see both of them getting a little more experience before entering the conversation though.

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,541
    I'd be OK bringing both back in some assistant capacity

ButlerProf likes this.
  3. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $103
    There is no chance Kam woods ever gets an assistant job at Butler

ButlerFan89 likes this.
  4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,146
    “No chance” = me EVER rooting for IU basketball. I like Kam’s chances better.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $577
    I’ve got the feeling we’re going to just stand pat with the current staff.

And I think that would be a horrible decision.

6. ButlerFan89

ButlerFan89 Member

Money:
    $82
    And you and I know why! Butler’s little secrets keep piling up.

pharmtard09 and AKasle_BU like this.
  7. ButlerFan89

ButlerFan89 Member

Money:
    $82
    One of LJ’s faults. He won’t make the big staffing changes when needed.

8. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $103
    If he ever got hired at Butler then I’d personally make sure his dirty little secret got out.

9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,178
    Kam bang your GF back at Butler??

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,420
    That or he just didn't give his weasel ass the time of day. Mr. "I'm so plugged in" doesn't know shiite. But let he and his cronies tell you how much they know and accuse players of all kinds of fun stuff (how do you think the Scooby rumors were started a few weeks ago?)

Nothing to see here people.

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,599
    What he’s alluding to is a rumor that a lot of people here have heard about by now. The difference is he’s the only one who to this point has felt compelled to pop up and make vague allusions to it to serve his ego, to the detriment of everyone else. It’s a pattern.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    BoyGeoff likes this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,420
    Bingo. Well said. But he's also taking it to another level in other spaces. And that is one slippery slope. Why this kind of things boosts an ego is beyond me. I'll never understand it.

13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,178
    Let’s take it a step further. I was on the board back then. I know the rumor.

If that rumor is false, then this Ari idiot is trying to damage the reputation of a former player and is gleefully proud that he will try to damage his career as a hypothetical Butler coach. This is no better than what Clay Travis did to Schiano.

If that rumor is true, then the punishment didn’t fit the crime and Butler covered it up and swept it under the rug, and so by airing it now, you open the NCAAs eyes and likely crater the Butler program. To what end? Trust me everyone - I know first hand with my own football program what can happen.

So it seems by acting like a jackass here, you either falsely damage the reputation of a guy who is just trying to make his way in the coaching world, or you run the risk of destroying the basketball program you love.

Option 3 is you STFU and live your life. From where I sit, this isn’t a very hard choice.

14. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,848
    I heard he would come in as a preferred walk-on coach and work for free for a year or two :) :)

15. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,510
    Worked out pretty well for the last guy who did that...I think heard something about some school south of here being desperate to hire him

znelson15 and PSUButlerFan like this.
  16. tobystorrs

tobystorrs New Member

Money:
    $27
    Shimmy and TheDawgDub95 like this.