Aaron Henry - 2018 Forward (Michigan State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 5, 2016.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,355
    Aaron Henry
    2018 Forward - 6'5" 185 lbs
    Ben Davis High School - Indianapolis, IN
    AAU: Gary Harris Elite

[​IMG]

247 Sports Profile

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
    2018 class is loaded in Indiana. Indy Hooisers 2018 team I just watched has Eric Hunter, Damezi Anderson, Caleb Brown, Aaron Henry, and Jamal Harris. All interest me, on varying levels. They beat G3 (Kevin Easley) to move to championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
  4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355
  5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
  6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    He recently received an offer from Bradley.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,355

12 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists in a win over Avon.

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319

Nebraska was in attendance for Henry. I know LN was severely undermanned, and without their coach, for some sort of violations.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    18 points in a 91-37 rout of Cathedral on Friday. He was also at the game today with Eric Hunter.

10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    Henry had a team-high 16 points (10-11 FT) in a 53-45 win over Pike in the Sectional opener last night. I think Pike had won five straight sectionals.

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319

Ben Davis is about to win Regionals. They upset North Central this morning and are dominating Connersville right now.

12. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,132
    I watched all 3 regional games at Southport today (as did the entire population of Connersville). Henry was alright, but I didn't really see anything that made me think, man I hope we get this guy.

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    I haven't seen him in person yet. I might be able to go watch semi state, I'm not sure.

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,282
    Henry did not disappoint tonight and yes CH was there. Ben Davis held Connersville to 6 pts. in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,611
    So which one was it? The one who didn't disappoint or the one that was nothing special?

16. seadawg

Money:
    $3,282
    Even though I live in Wayne township last night was my first time to watch Henry. I was impressed. He shot well, rebounded well, defended well and appeared to play within the team concept. What's not to like? Ben Davis is not a one man team but he was easily the best player on the floor. Connersville was completely overmatched. Speed kills. Could he play for BU? Based on what seen in 1 game, yes. Henry is a big strong bodied kid with skills and leadership.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  17. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,132
    I mean, he's not a bad player. But is he a Big East player? I didn't see it. He had 11 pts. And 3 of those were a half-court heave. That game, he wasn't even the best player on the court for Ben Davis - and if I wasn't a daily reader of this board, I wouldn't have even known he had Butler/high-major interest. Like I said, I think he was still pretty good. But I didn't walk away from the game hoping he'd be a Bulldog.

Ben Davis did dominate the game. Connersville played very uncharacteristically last night. They don't have a ton of depth to begin with and could only get limited minutes from one of their best players. Each of Connersville's 2 losses this season happened when they played a morning game, and then turned around to play later the same night. The team mostly plays 6 or 7 players, so the lack of depth really shows in the second game of a day.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  18. seadawg

Money:
    $3,282
    I came away surprised. I had no idea Ben Davis was that good but I should not have been, knowing how good of a coach Mark James is. I did see Connersville play here last year and they are well coached and gritty. The difference was defense and athletic ability. The fact that CH was in the house says a lot about what the staff thinks of Henry. I will continue to follow him as his stock may well rise. BTW Hats off to the Connersville community for supporting their team. Class act...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  19. seadawg

Money:
    $3,282
    Ben Davis will square off with Castle in Seymour at 1:00 pm Sat.

20. seadawg

Money:
    $3,282
    Ben Davis plays Castle in Seymour Sat. at 1:00 pm.