Aaron Henry - 2018 Forward (Michigan State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 5, 2016.

1. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $443
    Per Brian Snow at Scout, right now he thinks it is MSU, Xavier, Butler in that order.

2. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,614
    I suppose I wasn't very clear and the tone was a bit off-putting. I agree with almost all of the above. I would certainly expect Underwood and LaVall and any other coach to market their relative strengths and I'm sure every coach out there will say or promise just about anything to get recruits.

Illinois is very much a "sleeping giant" and could easily be a player on the national scene in a few years. I love Butler, but by no means do I think we are (currently) equipped to compete with the blue bloods or big time athletic departments for recruits. I also think our beloved program has many shortfalls.

My point was that Illinois hasn't been very good for a while now. Their roster, as it stands, isn't great, either. Sure, they have a new coach who is promising, but he isn't exactly proven at the highest level. If I were Henry, I'd look at that list and immediately cut Illinois, but that's me. That would be a cold, rational decision, assuming I want to put myself in the best position to compete for championships. But like I stated previously, these decisions are rarely rational.

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    I think if you read the last 3 pages, that would be everyone's guess right now.

4. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $443
    Agree. In a rational world, it seems like U of I becomes a realistic option only if he is basing this on playing time and OSU has picked up a couple other players in the mean time. The other schools just have so much more rounded experiences/teams/ programs to offer.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
  6. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,614
    That link isn't working for me, unfortunately. I know you're probably just restating the contents of the article, but 35%? The recruiting prediction game has become absurd. That's directed at the prediction attempts, rather than the prediction itself.

7. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
  8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    It's because the link unfortunately sticks with the bleeps (****) rather than the first part of the kid's name, so the link doesn't work. Because it's not a pay article, here's what it says:

Butler made quick work of its head coaching transition as the university swiftly hired former player and assistant Lavall Jordan to take over the program. Since taking over, Jordan has done an awesome job of keeping intact what was, on paper, one of the best classes in school history. Kyle Young did back off of his original commitment but the roster remains solid and ready for another run through the Big East and into the NCAA Tournament.

The biggest concern for Butler's 2018 recruiting effort is finding a wing that can defend various positions, score and grow into the kind of combo forward that has become a hallmark of the program.

Aaron Henry, one of the top breakout players from July, remains the Bulldogs' top priority. He recently narrowed down his list to five, which includes Butler along with Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State and Xavier. The latter two programs will receive his first official visits at the end of the month. It won't be easy, but Butler can beat out some of the top local programs for Henry. I would give the Bulldogs a 35-percent chance of securing the three-star's commitment.

Henry's good friend and Gary Harris Elite travel teammate, Eric Hunter, is also being heavily recruited by Butler. Trying to pair the two together again at the college level may only help the Bulldog cause, though I think there's a roughly 20-percent chance for the program to nail down both commitments.

I would be very surprised if Butler didn't land at least one of Henry and Hunter.

9. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $443
    Latest from Scout...

One of the top rated three-star prospects pushing for four-star status is Indianapolis native Aaron Henry. The Small forward who led his high school team to a state title as a junior began to really gain consistency and put all of his considerable talent together during the month of July. That in turn led to a host of high-major offers.

Now five schools, Butler, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Xavier are in the mix, and Henry is in the middle of what has been a busy visit out tour.

Most recently Henry made an unofficial visit to Xavier, and numerous sources indicate that the Musketeers made a very strong move up Henry's list. In fact coming out of the visit it appears Xavier is in the best position with Henry, though at this point several trips still remain.

Henry is set to make an unofficial visit to Ohio State this upcoming Sunday, and is also scheduling to come back to Columbus on September 15 for an official visit. Beyond that Henry is close to finalizing a September official visit with Michigan State, before likely making a return trip to Xavier in an official capacity as well.

Right now schools seem to chasing the Musketeers, but Henry has maintained that he will go into everything with an open mind, and time still remains for him to end up at any school on his list.

joeglasgow71 likes this.
  10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,344
    When was the last time he was on campus?

11. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,392
    August 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $306
  13. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,064
    Probably not an overreaction to archive unless X, OSU, and MSU all end up with NCAA sanctions next year.

14. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,346
    Time to move on. Find interesting that Boltmann did not have spot for him at Butler, but is all over him now. I think those that do not understand how much some Butler
    fans loathe him should now have better understanding of our feelings. I hope we drill them if we face them in Portland. He looked at Butler as only a steppingstone.

15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,304
    Not shy about how he feels about MSU. Wished Snow had asked about other schools in the mix. Really hard to gauge without context.

16. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $306
    It's not hard to gauge. Unfortunately this blasted a whole in the whole concept BU won't be getting guys because they were late. Given Jordan offered Henry a year before anyone else even started to recruit him, he was always a risk of exposing what Butler is now -- to even those who continue to refuse to see it for some reason.

17. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Yeah it also blasts the concept that he is not including us in his officials because he has seen the campus so many times. That's a garbage take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $367
    You have been posting this dumb stuff for years and have always been wrong. Maybe it is you who refuses to see what Butler is now, for some reason.

DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,642
    You're complaining because the kid gets an offer from his "dream school" and now it's LaVall's fault? Seems a tad irrational.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,304
    What's happening with Henry is what typically happens with late bloomers who aren't already committed. They revel in the attention the other kids have been getting for a few years. They want to prove that they belong and are deserving. When Henry says MSU is his dream schoool, it's true. It was a pipe dream until this summer. Good for him.

No illusions about Butler competing with kids who say MSU, Duke, Kansas, UNC are their dream schools. But sometimes those dream schools back off or the kid doesn't like the vibe on his OV. Hopefully BU is still in play should that happen.

BHayden and SpartanDawgs like this.