Aaron Henry - 2018 Forward (Michigan State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 5, 2016.

1. huss587

huss587 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $371
    I'm probably going to regret engaging with you, but I'm gonna play dumb... Please explain it to me like I'm 7, in your mind, what exactly "is" Butler now? You've been predicting their demise since 2011/12(?), yet Butler continues to have success. So you clearly don't have unrealistically high expectations. You can't have it both ways. Enlighten me and remember:

upload_2017-8-29_12-26-3.jpeg

2. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $443
    Always going to be tough for Butler to go into these recruiting battles with the other regional schools and win out, especially when the highest level teams (IU, MSU, OSU) come calling. Even compared to the other Big East teams, Butler was only recently (with the addition of Schrage) able to get a foot in the door with a high number of top 100 type guys. Especially in a year with a new and unproven coach it isn't too surprising that kids who are getting the Big10 offers are taking looks elsewhere. Butler has always made a name with good coaching, not necessarily great recruiting so to all the sudden expect a guy like LaVall to keep up with 0 track record is unreasonable. In a couple of years if the success continues I'd expect LaVall to have it back to where Holtmann had it, but only time will tell if that happens.

3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,344
    He's at MSU this weekend...

4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    and to make things worst. His buddy Gary Harris is back in EL this weekend too... coincidence?

5. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,423

Reported commitment to Michigan State

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    Could simply be a miss by Evan Daniels, but interesting that Butler wasn't even mentioned as a school that he choose from:
    "2018 wing recruit Aaron Henry verbally committed to Michigan State on Monday, a source told Scout.

Henry's commitment to Tom Izzo comes just a day after returning from an official visit to Michigan State's campus. Henry picked the Spartans over Ohio State and Xavier"

7. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $515
    The Henry and Hunter dream finally comes to an end :( Plus E. Hunter is looking more like Purdue, OSU, or X.

Lets hope Hayes, Udeze, or Kopp comes through. This class can still be decent considering the past few months.

8. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,344
    To the archives, but at least we're a solid option if for some reason he decides to transfer...
    [​IMG]

9. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $515

mentions wanting to play for a big time program.

10. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,344
  11. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $443
    I have a hard time believing Lavall didn't know this wasn't going to happen early on after both the OSU and Xavier visits seemed like the kid was gonna pop. Sure Kelan graduates this year, but to say we are looking for a replacement for Kelan in this class just simply isn't how this works. If you look for a non-overlapping replacement then you aren't going to have a very good team. Does this put more pressure on Kopp and some others - yes, but if this is a 9 then losing Kyle was a 100.

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,447
    Well at least we can all finally agree that Henry was not BE material.

BUcheer likes this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,378
    Glad he didn't pick Tha Ohio State.

14. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    I doubt we were the only ones who noticed Holtmann's ridiculous (and inaccurate) excuse for why he didn't offer Henry at Butler.

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,038
    I'd actually heard from someone this weekend that Henry's mom was skeptical of Holtmann only offering at O$U once Henry blew up this summer. And that she didn't really buy his excuse for never offering while he was at Butler. Gave me a good laugh.

16. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $515
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,447
    Sounds like Coach James let him loose.

18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,296
    Wonder if the creeping stench at MSU will cause Aaron to reconsider his commit—particularly if Izzo is implicated or “retires”.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,649
    Setting aside why Izzo might leave and what, if anything, may happen to the basketball program stemming from this mess, if Izzo does indeed retire, "resign," or straight-up gets fired, I'd be willing to bet just about anything this recruitment gets opened up.

20. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,344
    If Izzo is out, I think it would depend on when and who replaces him. If they name the Daner as interim and then hire him, I could see Henry staying committed. Seems right now, the house is still on fire and the dust hasn’t settled. Gonna be an interesting postgame press conference tonight

SpartanDawgs likes this.