Aaron Henry - 2018 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2018 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, May 5, 2016.

1. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Member

Money:
    $4,408
    Agree that CH filled out his staff very well. It'll be interesting to see if the staff LJ made is for this year only and then will try to change it up or if it's long term (something like kampens first time as AC?) LJ and Meyer are knowns on the recruiting trail....the other 2????? I "punted" on 2018 (anyone the coaches get that they feel can contribute is a plus) so will give them until 2019 to give a fair assessment regarding their ability.

2. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Member

Money:
    $148
    Let's not freak out yet. We don't need all the guys we are after. If we can get 2 we will be fine (a third and potentially fourth from the transfer market). We should not settle for someone if all our targets fall through (Hayes, Kopp, Henry, E. Hunter, and Hunter, along with some others we probably don't know about).

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Active Member

Money:
    $333
    Yes, it is very important like stated we don't just take anyone, with the 4 freshman plus Brunk's RS we don't have to use all of our scholarships. We have 3 open this year and 3 the next year. If we can land a E Hunter and Hayes, bank the other 1 if we can't find what we need. We aren't hurting for bodies, we need the quality to stay working to the top. I'd be happy with any/all of the offers we have out currently, so I'm not worried yet on the "punts" front...

4. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $128
    I am not planning on anything this recruiting cycle, that way I can maybe be pleasantly surprised if something does work out. Also holding some spots open for transfers is not the worst thing I can think of.

In terms of keeping coaches and "figuring it out", the secret is paying money. It should help that LaVall played here and his wife is from Indy, so we should be in the same spot as X in that aspect. We should start catching up with the other schools in terms of budgets now that we have been in the BE for a while and we can get some of the NCAA cash. Wichita State was in a smaller conference too, but they also have the Koch's making it rain and not too mention a much larger alumni base. I think Doyel's article a few weeks ago summed it up pretty well.

butlerdude05 likes this.
  5. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $887
    Lets drop the panic meter a couple of notches. All this is going just fine. To say that Butler would have gotten Jallow and Watson is ridiculous. Sure we had a chance, but Jallow committed to OSU because there was a huge need in his position and it was a great opportunity to be brought in right away. We don't know for certain what they were looking for in a program but there are some thing OSU can offer that Butler can't. Same goes the other way for Butler on OSU. Coaches relationships are a big part in where players go but its not the only factor.

Butler now believes that they have figured out how to keep their coach long term. LJ was the best candidate for that purpose because he will NOT leave for a long time even if he succeeds. I hate to say it, but Butler is still a stepping stone for most coaches due to a couple of factors so hiring LJ because of his personal connection with Collier and the University was the right move. This shouldn't be a problem anymore if we continue to want LJ.

Butler is lined up for success. They still have a great core of young current players. All Butler has to do is show that the current coaching staff is the real deal by making the tournament and being competitive in the Big East this year. If Butler were to get a few good victories in the PK80, they might even get back on the map earlier than expected. I have full confidence in the players. The coaches just need to show that they belong to show the 2018 & beyond recruits that Butler is here to stay (which we won't know until the season starts). That being said, I can't wait to see the LJ that brought their hardly complete team to the Horizon Championship. He has shown that he can be successful even with a deteriorated team.

I will give CH credit that he knew who to bring in on staff and that his staff worked well together. But Kampen found some great recruits and hopefully he can keep finding them. Jeff Meyer and Lavall have a good resume as well. We have the resources to stay where we are, we just need to execute.

There is enough minutes and enough talent in the area that we can still easily land a four star recruit. With our young core, landing only 1 four star recruit wouldn't be the end of the world. I am fully confident that our coaching staff can find do this.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  6. estar20dawg

Money:
    $333
  7. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $887
    Does that mean he already had 6 in mind before all his offers yesterday? or does it mean that his dream team offered him yesterday so he wants to focus on just a few?

Butler
    Indiana
    Xavier
    Nebraska
    UMass?
    ? Someone yet to offer

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    estar20dawg likes this.
  8. estar20dawg

Money:
    $333
    I've heard rumors Purdue is going to offer him as well, as they desperately want Eric Hunter as well. I feel like ultimately they might kind of be a package deal and where Henry goes, Hunter might follow with the exception being IU which is right now the favorite for Henry but haven't yet offered but they are expected to following this tournament especially with the way he is playing right now, just missed a triple double last night. I'd say in all actuality it's probably IU, Butler, Purdue then a gap to Xavier Nebraska.

9. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $887
    I've mentioned earlier about a package deal with Henry and Hunter... Very possible. I think your right that we could see Purdue in his top six along with X, Butler, & Nebraska (All on E. Hunters list). Still wouldn't sleep on X here.

If they truly are a package deal, I can't see anything more appealing than staying in their hometown playing together while seeing a lot of minutes early on.

But that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

estar20dawg likes this.
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,332
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,332
  12. BHayden

BHayden Member

Money:
    $93

There's the IU offer we've all been waiting for

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    Didn't he say that was his dream school or something like that?

14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $695
    Knew IU was sniffing around, was hoping they wouldn't offer. No matter that we have become a better program, they will always be a tough target to beat. Ugh, was hoping they'd leave this one alone. Sigh.

15. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Member

Money:
    $71
    This Auston guy has no clue. Thompson is a powerforward through and through. He is also top 100 composite. 3* on rivals, 4* everywhere else. Doesn't effect Henry as Henry is an SF who is versatile.

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,954
    Jerome Hunter just committed to IU. You have to wonder if that takes the IU offer off the table for Henry?

Hinkle and BHayden like this.
  17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,632
    Interesting timing on the J Hunter commitment. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

THicksBH and BHayden like this.
  18. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator

Money:
    $446
    Given's IU's scholarship situation, I'd say maybe not but they are probably more likely to slow play Henry now - they have 4 scholarships opening up after this year even after the Hunter commitment.

SpartanDawgs and BHayden like this.
  19. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,954
    Sooooooo, apparently there's something in the water. Because Damezi Anderson (2018 SF) also just committed to IU. I mean, 3 Forwards in the 2018 class (if you count Race Thompson as essentially a 2018) in a matter of 2 days.

BHayden likes this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    It looks to me like IU needs two point guards and a five before they add another wing. But maybe they are only going to play with 3s and 4s.

BHayden likes this.