Aaron Thompson - 2017 Point Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 12, 2017.

1. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,545
    I read an article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette proposing that if Miller is canned in AZ, Pitt should hire him. I think that says two things:
    1. the Pitt fanbase is feeling desperate
    2. ethics be damned, "Just win, baby" is what a lot of big time college sports is about at some schools

2. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $304
    I believe someone said it in the UC-irvine thread (sorry cant remember who) but it seems AT is quickly becoming the most important piece for this team and I'm inclined to agree. A) he's emerged as a legitimate do it all point guard b) he is clearly a floor general/leader and c) we don't have any sub for him and our team seems to transform the most (usualully bad) when he leaves the court.

I gotta give him some mid season props as I was concerned about his development coming into the year but he has become one of my favs. I hope he can keep it up because with him on the court everyone is better and we are a complete team. Without him it's a crap shoot.

EDIT - it was @I Am Butler that made original observation.
    https://butlerhoops.com/forum/index.php?posts/153955
    Sent from my SM-G930F using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Daddysmack and DawgsMD like this.
  3. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $71
    I agree with this assessment more than I can express. I just didn't get the hype over him last year at all. This year.......I cant believe the player he is. Where will he be next year? To me he is the most important player to keep on the floor. He does everything, and now that he finishes at the hoop with his passing ability, it opens up so many kicknouts it's crazy

4. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $199
    AT has such good footwork and mobility he should consider adding a dance minor. The kid can really move.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    I’m waiting to see how AT does against Marquette and St. John’s. Ditto for Jordan Tucker’s next four games.

6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,457
    Waiting for what?

7. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,871
    Not Insane so can’t speak to that, but those will be fun matchups. The two best scorers in the Big East are probably Howard and Ponds. Myles Powell and Kamar up there as well.

AT is the best on-ball defender in the league and possibly the best overall defensive player. Hopefully he can shut those guys down.

8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,457
    Agree it will be a real test of AT Defense to shut down Ponds and Howard. But if I recall, didnt dawgs shut those two down pretty well last season (I know Ponds didnt play one game)?

I just didnt know if Insane was saying he was waiting before he agreed that AT was a hell of a defender.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,292
    AT has rare combination of speed, quickness and strength coupled with a willingness to do the "dirty work" often overlooked in a box score. He is rapidly becoming one the premier defenders in the country IMO.