Adam Flagler - Transfer Shooting Guard (Baylor)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by kac12568, Apr 25, 2019.

1. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,135
    Tucker and Battle were literally the prior 2 recruiting classes to 2020 which he did on shortened time and with an inherited class imbalance. This 2020 class is all on him. He either gets it done or he doesn't.

2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,135
    Not to mention some of Boltman's heralded recruiting classes have been duds.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    I'd say continue to mine the transfer market, but you see where that got us...nowhere.

It's all on 2020. Everything. This season will be maybe another NIT trip if everything falls our way. And I mean everything. So if we can't bank on 2020, we have literally nothing to hope on. And this thing is as bad as I and others fear.

4. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $288
    U can say he wasn’t scared off by 2020 offers, or in coming players and u would probably be correct . As someone involved with high school b-ball I see player after player switch AAU teams when they don’t get showcased enough. Switch high school teams when they think a better opportunity is around the corner. Some of these kids are scared of competition and it’s as simple as that. Not sure Baylor is a better situation than Butler, but he obviously chose them for a reason. It’s time to move on to the next person. I still have faith in LJ and maybe one staff member. ;)

Tentozen and cornette33 like this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    I'd say all have, but Holtmann could coach. LJ cannot.

dippper61 likes this.
  6. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $993
    He better get some good talent because if we don't and they have a bad yr he could be gone. If that happens Battle could follow. I am only saying that cause he said was important for him to play for a Black coach. So, I really hope we can somehow turn this around.

7. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $702
    Sigh, this message board was so much better without Willis.

I wanted Flagler as much as anybody. We could really use his shooting. But one recruiting miss doesn’t doom the program forever. Willis is such a drama queen.

It sucks tonight. We’ll have another player to be excited about tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    I agree, bravo on those two. But, this team needs urgency to get better and it's just not happening. He may land one or two 2020 targets, but he needs a whole barn to make this thing even start to turn around. We're stuck with him for a long, long time, so, I guess here's to hoping he does.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    It isn't one miss...he lost out on the pg he wanted to a conference rival and slept on every other transfer out there. Again other than Smits and in a poll I'd say it's 50/50 people that do or don't want him. He got brow beat by Cooley and now by Baylor on guys he wanted. He lost. He loses games. He needs a couple wins.

peeps112 likes this.
  10. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $993
    So I am guessing Bede is out of question? Not that we would want him over any 2020 targets

11. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $471
    Given that his commitment tweet included a Bible verse and that he originally committed to Presbyterian, he may have really wanted to go to a Christian school. Or maybe he didn't want to actually try in school.

Move on. Butler isn't the right fit for everyone.

Tentozen and DawgPoundMac like this.
  12. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,722
    My source said one of the main reasons he chose Baylor was the academic program he wants to major in. We can stop blaming the Butler coaching staff. Time to close this thread.

bumba, mwall787, Tentozen and 2 others like this.
  13. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    I trust Lavall to identify talent. But the jury is out that he can close. He did on Battle and Golden (not sure what to think on Tucker’s recruitment...), but he’s missed on a LOT of other guys. We really need Brown now and another transfer or 2020 stud.

Also, twitter follows is still undefeated on guessing where what school a prospect will choose.

willisbrown likes this.
  14. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Thanks for the info. Though the blame is justified until they start winning real recruiting battles. Brown would a start. Then a PG like Vescovi.

15. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $702
    Whiffing on guys sometimes leads to better opportunities. This recruiting cycle is far from over. I’ll pitch a fit in the fall if LaVall is still coming up short. But hitting the panic button in the first quarter is just silly.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Tentozen and NCJon like this.
  16. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,722
    You can't blame the Butler Coaching Staff for Butler not having a strong academic program in the field he wants to pursue. If academics is a major priority for a recruit, and we don't have the program he wants... it will be next to impossible to get a commitment from the student.

17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,806
    Holtmann had the benefit of Kelan Martin, who could put the entire team on his back some nights, which can and probably did mask some coaching shortcomings. This squad does not have that.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $286
    I honestly couldn't care less about missing a transfer from Presbyterian, but when exactly can you blame them?

At some point they have to actually land someone with a pulse. I understand that everyone wants to dance around it, but for right or wrong, the school chose to accept a bid to enter the Big East. In doing as much, the standard they accepted was much higher. They are falling woefully behind that standard. Its not a complete lost cause yet but its just not going to turn around after another few years in the basement. Do people really think that Butler has any chance of competing if it continues to be the worst recruiting program in its league?

Because Butler invests in their program like a middling A10 program, they are at equilibrium at the bottom of the Big East. You couple that with years of futility....they aren't getting out of that cycle without a drastic change in a 'something' that is so unlikely its hard to even this what that could be (a SOTA practice facility? A high major staff?, yeah --- nah)

shoeevv, nindiana and BulldogCTM like this.
  19. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Except for “years of futility” we were one of like 8 programs to win a game in the tournament 4 years in a row until this March.

Yes, Butler needs to up their investment, but they are-see EFG renovations.

The investment will have to continue but to talk about “years of futility” is just dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

fdr, firedupkaren, bwesson15 and 8 others like this.
  20. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $702
    Title has been predicting years of futility since February 2011 when Butler lost to Youngstown State. He’s just a bitter guy that wanted to be “close to the program” but they told him to kick rocks. And when everyone didn’t worship the ground he walked on, he shut down his message board like a child.