Adam Flagler - Transfer Shooting Guard (Baylor)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by kac12568, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,121
    Oh it would have been nice to land Flagler, but he wasn't needed next season. Another grad transfer would be nice, but who? Let's see what the staff does in the 2020
    class and if it is good give credit, if it is bad let the moaning begin. Kelen Martin was awful good and he covered a lot of roster shortcomings even though Holtmann jacked
    him around his junior year.

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,353
    Somebody hand Willis a bottle of liquor before he jumps.

BulldogsAllTheWay likes this.
  3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,075
    That’s funny, cause I was betting that Willis was deep into the hooch last night.:D

bumba likes this.
  4. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    We tried, and it sounds like he chose a university who has the major he wants to pursue.

I think Flagler is a nice player and certainly would've helped as a shooter, but I'm not going to lose sleep over a guy I had never heard of a month ago.

bumba likes this.
  5. FriarDawg

FriarDawg New Member

Money:
    $28
    Do you have a dog that you can go kick or something? Your shtick is so overplayed. We get it. You don’t like LJ. It’s so tiresome listening to your rants.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,353
    Agree, I reread the thread for the Presbyterian game early on in this process. Not a single mention of this kid. Not. One. Mention. Most of us were embarrassed to have come out ice cold & played such sh*tty defense in the 1st half.

If this kid picked his destination because of academics and basketball, then that's good for everyone.

Hinkle Magic2 likes this.
  7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,219
    [​IMG]

let lie in the archives

bumba likes this.
  8. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,612
    Serious question and I know you won't respond, but why do you still follow this program? It appears you get zero enjoyment out of it.

bumba, DawgPoundMac, Shimmy and 2 others like this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,973
    Wisconsin has won a bunch of Big Ten football titles and can’t even come close to the recruiting success of Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan.

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,473
    I'll shut up forever if he proves he can win on this level. I'll spit out nothing but rose petals and lay them at his feet. I'll never criticize a thing if he can turn this thing around and out of the dumpster in which he has laid it. People tout his recruiting, and hey, there are still some 2020 wins to be had, but, I think I'm not alone in being very saddened and disappointed at what this thing has become. Granted, I was wildly spoiled since I walked into the doors at Butler, but still, we are a joke right now. We'll see what comes, until then, it's more than fair to question and criticize his efforts and results.

11. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    Why do YOU follow this program? Just curious.:confused::confused::confused:

Insane Dawg likes this.
  12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,035
    So just out of curiosity, if we get Brown, Vescovi/Beard/Pack/Harris, Scooby, Furst & Pierce in 2021 does that not sound pretty good to you?? That doesn't seem that far of a reach at this point...

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,473
    Yep. I think that Brown and Scooby can begin to swing better momentum and believe that they are both very much in play. Brown more than Scooby but I like what I'm hearing on Scooby. I think Brown is ours to lose right now, but, as I've said some of the powers in the ACC are flirting right now, but haven't yet ask him to prom. If it stays that way he's ours (sooner the better, obv) but if they get involved it becomes a tougher fight. Scooby on the other hand it seems it's a three horse race which we are positioned well. I have the most faith in those two. Add a PG in there and I'll back off the criticizing of the staff. I'll have faith that they can bring in talent and will move to hope that they can develop the talent. I'm not worried about 2021 yet, if they fail this summer and have a mediocre to bad year, I'm not sure 2021 recruiting will be our biggest topic.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,353
    [​IMG]

15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,951
    Some of us have been following this team for many, many decades. I'm old. I've seen good and bad and it ebbs and flows.

I think what we all want to see is some positive momentum. Let's face it, we've been in a slide since Stevens left. Sure, there have been players and results that have masked the general direction, but we really need to turn it around. The 2020 class is crucial and we need to start getting some momentum on it. The excitement snowballs and suddenly we've got a few good players and it will turn around. If LJ is unable to lock up two game-changers in the 2020 class this Summer and then we have another down season next year, it's going to get really ugly around here.

I know that I speak for everyone when I say that we hope that LJ can deliver both this Summer and on the court in the Fall.

KCbufan21, bumba and Danville Bulldog like this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,473
    You'll have hope if he can deliver this summer. Something to grasp even when things are going horrid during the season. We'd have hope. Hope breeds excitement and the faith that this thing will get better. No matter how brutal this next season is (and we may be ok, but not good enough for that schedule). This 2020 stuff has to be met with some finishing.

KCbufan21 and Danville Bulldog like this.
  17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,951
    May be related...maybe not. But it'll probably stir the pot with the amenities crowd.

bmradio99 and BulldogsFTW like this.
  18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,121
    Amenities count!

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,689
    The buzz is palpable

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,353
    I don't know if I would consider it a slide, but more of an uphill run in the Big East. The pure joy of seasons where lineups like Graves-Green-Betko-Campbell-Streichter walked out of the tunnel and small unheralded BU kicked the living crap out of Michigan & Ohio State are gone.

I do think LJ will stay at BU. I didn't feel that about Bolt since his name was too often mentioned as leaving early in his career here. If we have coaching stability in the long term, this program will quickly get on track.