Adopt a Recruit! Now Win VIP Membership!

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,949
    With Butler continuing to spread a wider recruiting net it's been difficult to keep everyone up to date on the performance and recruitment of all of the players Butler is interested in. So it's time to get a little creative and try a new approach. We are going to give everyone the opportunity to adopt a recruit!

Adopting a recruit is simple. When you adopt a recruit it becomes your role to keep the rest of us updated on his progress by posting in his thread here on the fourms. That's all there is to it! This does not have to be a daily thing. Searching online for relevant info once a week or so is plenty. Keep in mind that it is still a violation for you to contact recruits, and this does not give you permission to do so.

If your recruit does not yet have a thread, you can create one using the following template:

Code:
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=4]Player Name[/SIZE][/B]
    Class Position - Height Weight
    High School - Hometown
    AAU: Team Name

247 Sports Profile
    Rivals Profile
    Scout Profile
    ESPN Profile

[/CENTER]

To adopt a recruit simply post here with the recruit you would like to adopt. This is done on a first come first serve basis. Each forum member is currently allowed to adopt only one recruit, although you are certainly still allowed to post updates on recruits that you have not adopted. You can relinquish your recruit at any time. I will keep a running list below of who has adopted which recruit.

Hopefully this will help keep the recruiting section of the forums up to date and everyone can stay more informed. Thanks to everyone who participates!

Aaron Henry - UDDawg
    Ayo Dosunmu - I Am Butler
    Brandon Johns - SpartanDawgs
    Elijah Weaver - ConnersvilleBulldog
    Eric Hunter - KB3
    John-Michael Mulloy - Butlerboykb
    Jordan Lathon - godogs91
    Keion Brooks - jkcdawgs
    Marcus Bingham - Hinkle
    Robert Phinisee - epstark20
    Tim Finke - MIBulldog

Update: I will also be giving away free VIP membership at the end of each month to random forum members who adopt a recruit and help on the forums. The more people participate the more I will give away.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    DawgPoundMac and #60 like this.
  2. KB3

KB3 Member

Money:
    $126
    So Im the first one and can choose anyone? I pick Eric Hunter then. The next Bulldog!?!?

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,949
    Thanks for getting us started. I would have guessed Cooper Neese would be the 1st to go.

4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $748
    I'll go ahead and take 2019 SF Keion Brooks. If you guys remember, we offered him back in early November.

5. But61ler

But61ler Member

Money:
    $44
    I will take Cooper Neese

6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
    Cooper Neese went 3rd in the recruit mock draft! Haha

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

7. Butlerboykb

Butlerboykb New Member

Money:
    $16
  8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,949
    Updated. It is kind of interesting to see who selects who, isn't it?

9. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $346
    Does anybody have Ivan Renko yet?

LA-OC-IE and BHayden like this.
  10. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,184
    It is. I will say that I don't get the opportunity to see any recruits and I don't have access to info like everyone on here. So this is my source to learn about recruits

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,949
    Oh, I'm not expecting anyone to watch these guys or have contacts or anything. It's just a matter of posting game stats or visits, offers, etc from other sources. If you have Twitter you can find most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,762
    I can take Aaron Henry. I don't know how seriously we're recruiting him, but I live over near Ben Davis and have wanted to make it over to a game and see him play.

13. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,967
    OK. I'll take Tim Finke

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,949
    I had to google Ivan Renko because I had no idea who he was. I had never read about this story before. It is awesome. I like Bob Knight a little more now.

15. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,184
    Thanks for clarification. I will leave all that to the young guns (you all). You are doing a great job of making Butler Hoops the 1 stop shop for all things current and future Butler Basketball! Great job!

16. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Active Member

Money:
    $221
    Gotta love how people will claim to know of a prospect just to "get the scoop" and be first great story

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,949
    Thanks to those who have helped get this started. I think we can do a lot better though. There are still a lot of recruits out there, including 2 committed recruits!

To help promote it I'm going to give away VIP memberships at the end of every month to random forum members who are participating.

18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,762
    I know I "adopted" Aaron Henry, but I can't find Ben Davis box scores anywhere online.

19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,949
    It's hard sometimes. I just searched "Aaron Henry Ben Davis" on twitter and found his AAU coach posted his stat line from the last game. Some players are much harder to track than others. I certainly don't expect updates after every game or anything like that. But some of these player threads go months without any updates, or have 30 points games and no one posts about them. I'm just hoping this can help some of them not be quite so neglected.

I took the idea from an MLB forum where they were doing this with prospects. It seemed to also help members who adopted prospects feel more a part of the boards too, which was good for the community. And it was kind of like bragging rights whenever your prospect did well or made it to the big leagues. It's not meant to be a job by any means, it's supposed to be "fun".

Also, you can change anytime if you want to switch to someone who has stats that are easier to find.

20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    I'll take Robert Phinisee, I'll do my best to find stuff on him when it's out :)