Adopt a Recruit! Now Win VIP Membership!

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    Updated, thanks!

2. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $346
    Please sign me up to adopt Jerald Butler. I'm no insider, but I'll do my best. Thanks!

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $154
    Unfortunately, I can't think of one that'll succeed in acquiring information before most since John Michael & Brooks are already Taken. I will take Brandon Johns later if his recruitment picks up with Butler but I don't think much is there right now. Love the idea to adopt a recruit and want to win a VIP membership. Keep up the good work Jared and i'll keep my eye out for a recruit to adopt.

4. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,103
    Would it make sense to put who has "adopted" a recruit, or simply that they have been "adopted", in the header or first post on their respective threads?

5. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,995
    I'll take Ayo Dosunmu

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Good idea. I'll start doing that at the end of the header post.

I think I've been a little confusing about what all needs to be done. You don't need to get info before anyone else. I don't expect that out of anyone. Nobody is supposed to be an insider. It's just a matter of searching out information online. Spending 5 minutes once a week to check and see if there are any updates to a recruitment or any noteworthy games to post about is good enough.

A perfect example of what I want this to help with is Jordan Lathon. Lathon reported a Butler offer 5 months ago, and there are an entire 3 posts on him here. And there is a box score on MaxPreps for 19 of his games, so all of the info is right there for anyone to find. He even had a 34 point, 10 rebound game last month and nobody said anything about it here. If we had this in place earlier and someone had adopted him then that person would have posted about a game like that and it would have stimulated more discussion.

BHayden likes this.
  7. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,103
    I'll take Lathon. Thanks, Jared.

BHayden and Dawgs4Life like this.
  8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I'm a little late on this, but epstark20 and butlerboykb have been upgraded to VIP members for the next month for their participation in this. There are plenty of unadopted recruits, including some new offers, if anyone else wants to get involved.

9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,594
    Thanks Jared!

Grandpa Bulldog likes this.
  10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,099
    I'll adopt Elijah Weaver.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Awesome, I've added you to the list.

Also, a few of you with 2016 recruits will need to change recruits now that their high school/aau careers are over.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I realize I'm behind on selecting random winners for VIP. I'll do that this weekend.

13. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $154
    Is Brandon Johns taken? If not, I'll take him. Don't think we are recruiting him much but saw he had a profile thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $154
    I'll take Brandon Johns even though Butler hasn't showed much interest yet

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Thanks, I've added you to the list. Butler is probably showing more interest here than you think.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,500
    Bingham.

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Added. Thanks!

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Because I'm running behind, I just went ahead and gave everyone on the list last month a free month of VIP. I didn't even check to see if everyone was posting, so some of you may have gotten lucky. Thank you to everyone who was participating though.

19. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Luther Muhammad definitely needs to be adopted. I'll take him.

20. DawgWild

DawgWild Active Member

Money:
    $191
    SpartanDawgs likes this.