Alex Barcello - 2017 Point Guard (Arizona)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 2, 2016.

1. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Boy, Arizona has some awfully arrogant fans. They've pretty much convinced themselves that Barcello couldn't possibly want to play anywhere other than Arizona. Hopefully, we beat Vanderbilt and get a shot at them this fall. They'll be young next year, making them potentially vulnerable early in the season.

I do think this will be one tough recruiting battle to win though. Barcello is my favorite PG we are recruiting, but I really like Bede and Batts too.

2. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,507
    If Barcello were to commit to Butler, it would easily be the biggest recruiting coup in program history.

A top 100 point guard from Arizona...who is being heavily recruited by his home state, a university their fans call "Point Guard U".

The fact that we were able to stealthy get him half way across the country for an official is already very impressive, but let's close the damn deal!

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $160
    Does have any connection with the state Indiana? two Indiana schools in his list. I know his relationship with Schrage is good but what is the connection with IU?

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,517
    Agree. Regardless of what type of player he became, it'd be the biggest recruiting win we've ever had. Exciting stuff.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    Gotta say, I'd be surprised if Butler was in the lead just based on his initial comments from the article milksteak posted, but that can all change. I do think it's smart to get him on campus early so that both sides can get a feel for everything. It'll be interesting to monitor how Bede and Batts recruitments go after this visit, though with the heavy hitters after Barcello, I have to imagine they'll continue to pursue those two unless by some crazy circumstance where they get a commitment from him right way.

6. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    Awesome. Total Class Act.

Go Dawgs!

7. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $716
    Don't hate on me but I had a dream this morning that he committed to butler. Sometimes your dreams become reality.

8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    That's funny. I had a very vivid dream as well. I dreamt I lied to a group of people in my dream and when I woke up I was angry at myself for not setting it right and telling the truth. Then I remembered I had been dreaming that I was running for POTUS! I was OK then. Now Im no longer upset that I lied.

9. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $716
    Too funny

10. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,491
    Yeah, no matter how hard Insane Dog tries, she just can't leave her politics out of the this forum. Of course, her post has nothing to do with Barcello or Butler or basketball.

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    Loving these guys helping with recruiting. Neese and Brunk are not afraid to make friends. Still would be surprised if they got him, but might as well give it all they have.

12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    Tyler Lewis as well

13. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $128
    Obviously, he's been to Arizona before, but does anyone know if he's ever visited his other finalists?

-----------
    Gotta think Bede and Batts will be scheduling their visits soon...Super intrigued how this plays out.

14. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,507
    OV to Stanford this weekend.

15. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
  16. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    OK, Thanks.

17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,569
    Seems odd that, given the fact the younger Barcello was there, they could not even get anything from him, quote-wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,862
    IU trying to get him on campus September 17.

19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    Interesting that that's a bye week for football. Or maybe they don't want to show off that program :)

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,517
    I just don't see IU happening. Of the final five, they seem least likely. If he wants a large non-academic oriented school with a basketball focus, why wouldn't he go to Arizona? Stanford has the obvious draw of being the best university in the world. Virginia is arguably the best academics/athletics situation in college hoops and has an amazing coach. Butler basketball has as good of a culture as any in sports, and has done more with less than anyone in basketball.

IU and Arizona are substitute goods. And Arizona is MUCH closer and has been MUCH better in recent history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk