Alex Barcello - 2017 Point Guard (Arizona)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 2, 2016.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,579
    OV to Arizona next weekend

2. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,491
    Just an opinion, but I think Stanford is going to be hard to beat. He's stated he didn't really grow up an AZ fan. He may end up going there, but there apparently is no long lingering love of the home state school to overcome. And if he wants to play ball in Indiana, why not pick the school that has been the most relevant in the past 20 or 25 years. And that sure ain't the Hoosiers. He may be redundant at VA. Think they are sticking to their plan for due diligence on all of his final five before making a pick. Like I said, just an opinion, I'd put my money on Stanford at this point. (The Stanford and VA campuses are soooo beautiful. Got to give them that.)

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,225
    [tweet]767762116136886272[/tweet]

4. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,326
  5. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    86th in new Scout rankings for 2017.

6. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Active Member

Money:
    $3,100
  7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,579
    He just committed to Arizona.

8. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $691
    Good luck to Alex, at least we got him here to visit.

Go Dawgs!

9. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,680
    It was a foregone conclusion. Nice to have been in the mix. Here's to Bede and Young...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    It's gonna really suck (for him...and us, if we don't get Bede) when he's playing 14 minutes per game as a junior and senior behind Dylan Smith and whatever 5 star they get between now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $596
    Bede obviously just became a must get for us.

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    AB may never play meaningful minutes with Ayton. High likelihood he's one and done, and solid chance AB doesn't see the floor much for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $153
    So Alex just got recruited over so as a sophomore his minutes will be limited. I'm sure even if he had committed to Butler he would've decommitted when Holtmann and Schragge left.

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    Ugh. I feel bad for the kid. I get committing to your home school but the dude is too good to just ride the pine and that's what he's going to do.

15. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $388
    I don't understand this sentiment. I'm sure Alex knew when he committed to Arizona that there's a chance he will get recruited over. That's how these behemoth state schools work.

Also, there's nothing wrong with riding the pine when you are 18 and 19. This kid wasn't going to the NBA early anyways. Be patient and if you're good your time will come.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    I mean, sure, riding the bench isn't the end of the world. But when you're a top 100 player I think playing before you're a junior is better than not playing. And as foolish as it may have been, I'm fairly sure he didn't commit with the idea that that may be the case. Heck, he was probably told they needed him.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  17. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,413
    Arizona now has TWO top 10 PGs committed in the 2018 class. And they aren't showing any signs of slowing down on the recruiting trail. Somebody (not saying it will be Alex) is going to be unhappy about their minutes down the road.

18. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $843
    They also have Dylan Smith, the transfer from UNC Asheville, who has 3 years of eligibility left. Brandon Williams seems like more than a one year kid and I'm sure they'll target an elite PG in the 19 class if they think Quinerly will be one and done. Tough break for the kid.

19. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $388
    Again I just don't understand why people feel sorry for this kid as if he was blind sided by something. If you chose to go to a blue blood, there's no guarantee that you will get playing time or that they won't jump at the first chance to recruit over you.

If he didn't know that he would be treated as a commodity going to a school like Arizona, then this will be a rude awakening.

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    You don't understand how anyone can feel sympathy for a supremely talented 17 year old who got sold on a relatively unfavorable situation by a 40 year old salesman who doesn't give a sh*t about what's best for him?