Alex Hemenway - 2019 Shooting Guard (Offered)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 25, 2017.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,594
    OK gotcha, that makes sense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. ap234

ap234 Member

Money:
    $63
    Butler could make it to check out some of the other games if there is anyone else they are interested in during the day. They just can't make it to watch Castle.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,834
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,834
  5. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $411
    This will be an interesting recruitment. Does IU offer and likely receive his commitment? Or do they end up waiting too long turning the kid off from the school. My guy says IU will offer and he will end up there. If not, he is the exact kind of kid that we want/ need.

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,139
    Couldn’t shoot on Saturday. So he would right in this season

7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,278
  8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    No mention of Butler: "I am hearing heavy from Purdue and Indiana, also Nebraska, Creighton, Penn State, Xavier, and other schools."

Really seems to like Xavier, but given it's an article from Snow and he loves all things Ohio, may have been the direction the questions went as well. Says he's not shutting any doors, but given that he mentions two of Butler's "peer" schools and not Butler, not a great sign.

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,162
    Doesn't seem like Butler is very active on the recruiting trail either for freshmen or transfers.

dippper61 and Hinkle like this.
  10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,500
    Agree. For a staff/program that is objectively desperate for players in the coming years, where are we?

11. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $152
    I think they're doing some. Omar has recently followed 2018 Forward Frankie Policelli and a Juco 6"9 SG/Wing Fr. Greg Floyd. I think there is a good chance that we will get at least one more to the 2018 class.

Hinkle and BHayden like this.
  12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,162
    We need to get at least one more in the 2018 class and he better be damn good.

13. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $641

Greg Floyd is at Antelope Valley JC. I think he was a four star, maybe even five star recruit in high school. He was an Arizona lean. He transferred to Middlebrook Academy for his senior year in high school and things went way south. He was ruled academically ineligible and never played a minute. The NCAA also ruled him a non-qualifier, which is why he ended up at a JC. Maybe he's turned things around, but his recruiting would be far different than most in Butler's history.

14. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,995
    I'll just remind everyone that Holtmann seemed to be similarly incognito after just being hired. You can dig up the sob sessions on this forum about our doomed recruiting classes.

Jordan and his staff aren't household names in the eyes of the Twitter influencers so they aren't going to get the shoutouts for watching this kid or that kid yet.

#60 likes this.
  15. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,995

Well he is also committed to Long Beach State.

16. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,149
  17. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,779
    No, he’s not. He committed there in HS but didn’t qualify and had to go to JC.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,834
  19. oldstyle1908

oldstyle1908 Active Member

Money:
    $2,935
    LJ was at the Castle vs. MD GAME tonight. Hope they back away from this offer.

20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,563
    ?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops