Alex Hemenway - 2019 Shooting Guard (Offered)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 25, 2017.

1. oldstyle1908

oldstyle1908 Active Member

Money:
    $2,935
    I have watched a few games and followed Castle as the year has progressed. Good player but don’t see him as a game changer. Just an opinion that’s all.

2. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $643
    I live in Newburgh, and I think Alex is one of the hardest players to judge that I've ever seen. I've seen him play like a top 50 prospect and I have seen him play like the 250th prospect. I understand everyone has up and down games, but he's just really hard to evaluate. He's very smart, can be a lights out shooter, and is very unselfish. He also is a step slow, is not very physical, and can be MIA at times. He's one of those guys that you talk yourself out of and he puts up 30 on you and becomes a 1,000 point scorer somewhere else, or you talk yourself into and he rides the pine for two years and then transfers. I've scouted for NBA teams and recruiting services on and off for 34 years and I'm stumped. Hinkle, I know that if I take a stand it will end up in Freezing Cold Takes!

Tark43, Shimmy, bwesson15 and 2 others like this.
  3. oldstyle1908

oldstyle1908 Active Member

Money:
    $2,935
    Alex is really good, but I just don’t see him as a high major player. He isn’t even the best player in the area. Mekhi Lairy is the best player in the Southwest region. He is about to become Evansville’s all time leading scorer. That list includes names like McCarty and cheaney. The kid is the real deal and was passed on because of his height. Signed with Miami of Ohio. I agree with shoeev, Alex is a tough kid to figure out.

4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,848
    I mean... this is an entirely different system, but St. Mary’s is a great program with basically an entire team of kids like this...

5. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,553
    Neddenriep article in the Star does not list Butler as having offered Hemenway

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
  7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,148
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    That's the last thing Illinois needs-another guard. They already have seven or eight.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,888
  10. shoeevv

Money:
    $643
    UE retired the numbers of six players and inducted Crews and Arad McCutchan into their hall of fame Saturday.

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,888
  12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,117
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,888
  14. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,553
    Are we sure there is an offer now? Sounded like BU was kind of backing off......

15. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,995
    He is pretty clearly hoping for an IU offer. I'm incredibly indifferent to this kid. There is very little I've seen that does much to get me excited about. I have a hard time seeing him in the Big East.

BHayden likes this.
  16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,282
    I seen him as sophomore and took notice as he was clutch long range shooter. He has size but has he developed physically? Evidently some programs think so. My guess is he would be among the best pure shooters in the 2019 class out of Indiana.

17. shoeevv

Money:
    $643
    I think it’s been said before, but I think he’s the hardest kid to evaluate that I’ve ever seen.

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,888

Offer from Northern Kentucky today

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,888
  20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money: