Alex O'Connell - 2017 Shooting Guard (Duke)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 20, 2016.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Curious as to what makes you think that? He hasn't been linked to any of them that I've seen, and his consensus rank is somewhere between 75-150. His limitations clearly aren't skill-based, and he's probably not gaining 15 pounds of muscle in the next few months.

I think he can be a great contributor wherever he goes, and I really hope Butler gets him, but I definitely don't see Kansas or Duke swooping in on us on this one.

2. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    Duke was watching at NBA Top 100 apparently and are expected to watch in July. I think he'll pick up a ton of steam in July.

If not I like where X stands currently.

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Ok....but cmon, watching and actively recruiting/offering are very different things.

It'll be interesting. I'm afraid of vandy here.

4. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,044
    Yeah...but that's the luxury of being a blue blood. You don't have to be actively recruiting anyone.

Simply offering often times will put you at the top of a kid's list. So if they're watching there's a chance that can happen at any moment.

5. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $480
    Are we forgetting about the Orange here? I can see Syracuse being a threat as well...

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,984
    I'm pretty sure he's also already visited Duke before.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,836
    "enjoyed a great visit to butler"

8. Butlerboykb

Butlerboykb New Member

Money:
    $16
    Just offered

Go Dawgs!

9. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,614
    Exactly what he said after visits to other colleges as well (vandy, syracuse) looks like he is also going to be visiting the school in cincy today

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,836
    Sounds like he is less creative than Davison with his use of superlatives or he only knows great.

11. Butlerboykb

Butlerboykb New Member

Money:
    $16
    I noticed that too haha

Go Dawgs!

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,836
    Just tweeted the same thing about X. Apparently he didn't spend much time at either BU or X if he visited both today.

13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,024
    9/33 is pretty horrible...

14. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,044
    You realize how small that sample size is? Kellen missed like 30 in a row last year. This kid is legit. Best player we have a legitimately shot at landing in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $299
    New update

X and especially Cuse worry me here. The others not so much. Recent offers from Louisville and NC State this week, and I'm sure more to come. Duke sniffing around. Gonna be a tough get.

16. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    I wouldn't worry too much about X - I think he ends up in ACC somewhere- seemed like he had a really good weekend- we've got other guys we're trying to get committed before him- not sure how big of a deal it is to Oconnell to be the #1 guy.

17. ButlerBoy

ButlerBoy Member

Money:
    $6
    Miami offered

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Schrage just started following Alex's older brother, Shawn, who was a redshirt freshman forward (6-8 200ish) this past season at Georgia Southern and very efficient in his limited role. Shawn follows him now too. Just thought it was interesting.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,836
  20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,984
    UCLA offer