All Good Dawgs (Butler NIL Collective)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,757
    Thought this would excite some people!

seadawg, cornette33, NCJon and 13 others like this.
  2. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $391
    Thos is fantastic news!

cornette33 likes this.
  3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,693
    Definitely think something like this will be needed long-term, but I don’t necessarily understand what they plan on doing. The website has a bunch of blank spots for partners, etc. What’s the message? Who’s helping? Feels a little rushed but I’ll hope it gains traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Mr X likes this.
  4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,703
    A) They raise money and donations are deductible since they are a 501(c)3. B) They pay Butler athletes in exchange for making public appearances and other promotional work on behalf of other nonprofits or corporate donors.

Agreed that their website feels incomplete. I would hope they at least have enough seed money to start paying some athletes and essentially prove the model before going public. Also highly likely they want degenerates like us to start making some recurring donations.

SnoopDawg and Tentozen like this.
  5. firedupkaren

Money:
    $6,693
    Sure, that’s kinda my point. You can’t expect the money hose to turn on if the optics (the website) aren’t there.

SnoopDawg and NCJon like this.
  6. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,215
  7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    Think they wanted to roll this out before everything is picture perfect. Which I understand as right now it’s the student athletes that need to have assurance this is happening. It will get better buttoned up as it goes along.

8. firedupkaren

Money:
    $6,693
    Yeah, but again that's kinda my point. None of this will actually happen without the "Partners" page on the website getting populated. Getting a website, a board together, and filing for 501(c)3 is really technically the "easy" part.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  9. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,638
    One way or another they eventually had to participate in the NIL market, so I do understand why they would put together a pool fund that donors can voluntarily feed into right away, as bare-bones as it is. I guess my question though is how does it get divvied up among the student athletes, and who determines how much is paid to who? I fully admit I'm ignorant when it comes to this, I'm just not sure how they can determine who will inevitably get more of the shares while still maintaining a Butler Way ethic that "Denies Selfishness."

10. Mad_Dawg 48

Mad_Dawg 48 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $149

Matt Howard on Derek Schultz podcast last week regarding All Good Dawgs. Certainly nothing earth shattering but was interesting to hear Matt’s perspective. Sorry if this has already been posted.