Andrew Chrabascz - 2013 Center

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $13,794
  2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    RE: Recruiting Notes

Anybody on Michigan Mustangs or ECE Mass 17U that we are recruiting? Saw Brad watching that game earlier today. Monte Morris is on Michigan, but that ship sailed.

3. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $78

Andrew Chrabascz on ECE was probably the main target. Chrabascz is a 2013 big from Rhode Island who visited Butler earlier this week.

4. bh13

bh13 New Member

Money:
    $5

Per Ben Weixlmann's twitter, "2013 PF Andrew Chrabascz picked up an offer from #Butler, he tells me."
    Interesting offer I think. ESPN has him listed as 6'7 205lbs. He has offers from Canisius, Davidson, Delaware, UMass, St. Bonaventure, and Vermont. This is according to ESPN, so I don,t know if it is true or not.

5. failsafe

failsafe New Member

Money:
    $5

ESPN's Joel Francisco recaps last weekend's final session of the Nike EYBL in Oakland, Calif., and makes mention of two locals who impressed during the session -- Cushing Academy's Andrew Chrabascz, a Portsmouth, R.I. resident, and Vermont Academy's Dominic Woodson.

Andrew Chrabascz (Portsmouth, R.I./Cushing Academy)
    2013, PF, 6-7, 225 pounds
    When describing Chrabascz, the first description that comes to mind is blue-collar madness. He is a physical, imposing power forward with a nice first step to the rim from the elbow. He has a knack of scoring inside 15 feet and can finish with either hand. It’s not surprising that the whole Atlantic 10 is on him and he is getting interest from South Carolina and Notre Dame.

Sounds pretty interesting to me.

6. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $162

According to the Scout story on the offer, hes up to 30 offers and will pick before his junior year.

It's not really out of the blue, he's been connected with BU for a while and just was there on the weekend.

7. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $78
    Andrew Chrabascz - 2013 Power Forward (Offered)

Here's a full game from our newest offer for those interested. He's #13 for white.

8. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,679
    RE: Andrew Chrabascz - 2013 Power Forward (Offered)

Future150 has him listed 6'8" 210lbs here recently.

9. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $162

31 Offers & Counting for Chrabascz

Butler would be at a minimum #32 (have no idea who has offered him since mid-June. His Scout story yesterday indicated a good portion of the A10 has offered. It also seemed to indicate Butler is going to have a good shot here.[hr]
    http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0613/big-summer-ahead-for-andrew-chrabascz-with-babc/

<----- 235 lbs[hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]

10. pmb72

pmb72 New Member

Money:
    $5

I read a local New England article where the trainer weighed him in at 243. The more recent footage indicates that he is a load. If we land this kid, we earned him. The young man has great options.

11. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $162

Top Talent Shines at New England 75

[hr]
    Also, Kaleb Joseph goes to Cushing too.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/122816/kaleb-joseph

12. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $78

Peach Jam Stream

Chrabascz plays for BABC. His games are at (eastern): 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, 10:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Friday, and noon on Saturday.

13. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $78

Here's Chrabascz's highlights from this morning. If you watch the whole video, you get a special treat from the #1 prospect in 2014 class in Andrew Wiggins. For those who have free time right now you can watch him play on the link I provided above. He has a very tough matchup against the #2 player in the 2013 class in Julius Randle.

14. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $78

I'm on the fence right now with Chrabascz after watching both of his games. On paper his stats were ok as he scored 11 and 8 points and got 5 and 6 rebounds respectively. It was hard to evaluate him today though because BABC only has seven guys on the team but only plays a six man rotation and on top of that the two teams he faced today were stacked between having a potential #1 player of their respective class in Wiggins and Randle along with another 5 star in Tyler Ennis and Matt Jones.

The highlight with Chrabascz in my eyes was holding #2 recruit in 2013 class Julius Randle to only 13 points and one offensive rebound after Randle went off for 36 points and 14 rebounds earlier in the day. He made it a war with Randle in the paint on both offense and defense. However, he struggled to score against the athleticism and length of Texas Titans which is little bit worrisome.

I should be able to get a better idea of Chrabascz tomorrow since he’s playing against a couple former Butler targets in Worthington and Schilling and he should be able to match up better against those teams.

15. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $78

Chrabascz had a better day today. In his first game he had a double double with 11 points and 17 rebounds against Worthington. Then in the night game, he scored 17 points on 10 shots against Schilling's team.

16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $13,794

If things go according to plan (you'd laugh at that if you had been with me this week), I should get to see Andrew in person for at least 1 game on Thursday. Possibly 2, it looks like his last game that day is the same time as TSD, so I'll decide which one I want to see again after they play.

17. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350

You aren't the only one. He's undersized to play the Post in college. Visions of that UConn game are popping into my head. He's a warrior though and will give it his all.

I still think we would be better off getting LENGTH on our baseline. Especially with the A-10 move. Ideally Length with also strength. Those guys are hard to get. I don't how long Mack Mercer is going to get but he plays bigger than 6'8 right now. If he grows another inch with his wingspan he could be a very good BIG for us. He's mobile and can get up. I worry a little bit about AC's conditioning too. He definitely is on the chunky side as I saw him up close at the Adidas. In his defense he can MOVE with that kind of weight but he isn't the kind of player that is going to play above the rim. If he was 6'10 with his weight I would feel alot better about AC.

18. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,137

I said it after watching his video......he looked slow and plodding. Never seen him at all in person, but, from the video alone, not overly impressed. Looks like we go from one extreme to the other.....too skinny or too fat.

19. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $78
  20. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $13,794

These rosters are so hard to keep track of. Looks like he wont be playing with BABC in Orlando this week.