Andrew Chrabascz - 2013 Center

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 9, 2012.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Tough to be a college basketball player nowadays with social media as it is.....definitely Pro's and Con's. Sounds like Chrabascz knows how to channel it though. I like that Motivation hashtag.

This kid may end up being a crowd favorite at Hinkle.

2. barlowfan3

barlowfan3 New Member

Money:
    $5
    I've always liked his game. There's something to be said for a tough kid like him with a solid frame. He adds much needed bulk to the front line. Something that we do not have. That can't go unnoticed.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,721
    Not with Title.

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,721
    Give you one guess.

5. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Us6MDAGww

Here is Chrabascz's last full game of his high school career. Want to say he had 14 points but foul trouble really limited his effectiveness this game.

Site note: Probably too late to go after Joseph even though he's exactly what Butler needs but Adams is certainly intriguing too and probably winnable at this point.

6. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $776
    Heard rumors of Adams and Joseph being a package

7. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,136
    Old news. Unfortunately for Adams, Joseph has blown up to much to be packaged with Adams, who is a good player in his own right.

Joseph is simply an elite talent.

8. budawgs13

budawgs13 Member

Money:
    $5
    agreed. i promise players do read these boards, but most stop after a while because the crap people write without any clue what they are talking about stops being anything more than just lunacy after awhile.

9. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $287
    He is a mid major player. He was recruited by low and a few mid major programs and committed to the best mid major that recruited him. Its not his fault that Butler is in the Big East now.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? Being a mid major player isn't derogatory. Butler's team is almost entirely made up of them. They will not have success in the Big East without the rotation consisting of mostly (if not wholly) of high major players.

If you do not understand this, I don't know what to say to you other than you're probably not very bright and are in for a rude awakening the next few years.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  10. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Not to keep adding fuel to this discussion, but Drew Cannon viewed both he and Castro as high major sleepers. The hardwood will tell if this was a true recruiting coup or not.

11. johnhardingftw

johnhardingftw Member

Money:
    $5,941
    I'm confused. Is this the same Title that saw a class of Hayward, Mack, and Nored (2* and 3* guys) and creamed his pants so hard he came BACK to the message boards as Title in 2011? I recall you rage-quit after our S16 loss to Florida in 2007, claiming that Butler would never, ever have the talent or athletes to compete at a championship level.

Your perspective then was that our system made the whole better than the sum of its parts, and that we just needed some decent athletes, not even great athletes, to win a title.

The message you're sending now, that Butler cannot have success against "high majors" with "mid major" talent, is wholly at odds with the perspective that gained you some internet notoriety.

What changed? The need for page views? Are you trying to somehow leverage this into a scouting gig?

12. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $287
    Ill concede that you are confused.

But you are correct, I did guess the eventual greatness of the the 2008 class. (although they didn't win that title) If anything, that should make you feel nervous, not confused, given I have just about the opposite feeling for the direction of the program as I did in the spring of 2008.

13. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Translation: I know the outcome of future events that haven't happened yet.

Who ya got in the Belmont Stakes next weekend?

14. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $287
    I don't "know" anything. I'm just apparently just not as myopic as some of you, present company especially included.

Some of (most?) you aren't using reason, you're just fanboys. That's fine.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Truly amazing how you continually shortchange the talents of the past, present, and future players. You don't win at the level Butler has won without talent. Rose Jones/Kellen Dunham/Kam Woods and Khyle Marshall are 4 players that any coach in the country would want.

You have never even seen Andrew Chrabascz play yet! That needs an exclamation point. Quit posting nonsense like the above when you have never even seen the kid play. I have watched him. He has qualities that are going to help this team.

16. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Best post you've ever made.

17. gutshot

gutshot New Member

Money:
    $5
    someone must have hacked into Blanche's account.

18. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Active Member

Money:
    $3,126
    Butler's win totals in previous years has been inflated by weaker competition in conference play (much moreso in the Horizon League than A-10). It will be much more difficult to get 20 wins or more when we no longer get Youngstown St. or UIC twice a year.

Chrabascz was recruited by A-10 teams and committed to an A-10 team. His recruiting profile is that of a good mid-major player (which isn't a bad thing). From what I've read, if he was 6-9/6-10 he'd be a high-major player. Skilled player, but limited athletically (an under the rim player). There is concern that he may struggle against longer more athletic players, which is who he'll compete against a regular basis now. Experience will help with that, but that does take time. He turns into a rotation player, we will all be happy.

19. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $356
    Very true, although I think you will see our noncon schedule get much easier than what we were playing previously. Thankfully we will also play DePaul twice a year. 7-83 in the BE the last 5 years.

20. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,039
    The question that is sitting right next to that elephant in the room is this, would Chaz be recruited and extended an offer today if he were a 2014 or even a 2015?

This is in no way an indictment of Chaz or his abilities. I'm cheering for the kid because anyone that says, screw everyone else, I'm a bulldog while on his visit right after getting his offer is someone I want playing on my team. I hope he's able to contribute and make the team better.

At the end of the day, Butler could have gone down two paths following their B2B runs. The George Mason path in which they would be a cute footnote in the annals of college basketball or the path they chose which is to try and compete with the big boys despite our practical and real limitations. Sure, this path is a much bumpier one, but as a fan I'll take it over the other path any day of the week.