Andrew Chrabascz - 2013 Center

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 9, 2012.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,256
    Interesting question. My guess is a definite no at this point in the recruiting cycle bc wasn't he offered and commit pretty late last year? So based on that, I think it's a safe assumption to say he wouldn't be offered before he was then. But I think bottom line it's really tough to say bc of how the staff prioritizes the positions of need each year. I also haven't looked at this year's crop of PF's

2. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Active Member

Money:
    $3,126
    I total agree with what both (Alcohol101 & ButlerGoalie) are saying. Would Butler still extend today, I'm inclined to say yes. Him and Castro are two Drew Cannon finds, so they are banking on both to be better than perceived.

3. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    Been hearing very good things about Chrabascz. Really good things. I'm thinking people are going to be surprised about him. May contribute a lot as a freshman

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,695
    Wait! According to Title no other Big East team offered Chrabascz so he is a low major.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Are the freshman reporting around mid June?

6. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    yea, they are all going to Australia with the team. They play some pro teams over there. It'll be a good chance to see the talent of the freshmen.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    That will be beneficial. Hayward's team went to Europe as I recall and they faced Thabo Sefolosha(OK City Thunder) over there.

8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Andrew Chrabascz‏@chrabascz4521 Jun
    Goodbye Portsmouth, Butler here I come

9. Grandpa Bulldog

Grandpa Bulldog Member

Money:
    $27
    I think the frosh reported today.

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Stevens was on WNDE's Query and Schultz show today. I looked for the podcast to link it but the WNDE braintrust doesn't have it up on their site.

He talked at length about the freshman that are coming in. Said Chrabascz is college basketball ready at 6'7 and 240 lbs. Said Berry is 6'10 and can score in the post and hit 40% of his 3's last season. Said Castro is a point. Talked about Brown's versatility as a player. Thought all 4 of these players would be in the rotation.

Mentioned the Aug 3-14 Australia trip.

Also talked about the new League.

I'll try to see if that WNDE site gets that podcast up, as it was a very informative interview....

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,695
    Good news on what Stevens said today. None of what he said on the four freshmen surprises me. I know Title will call me a blithering moron again or worse but he has been dead wrong about Chrabascz and this class. Andrew C is going to be the real deal. Don't panic friends. This is going to be a good year.

12. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,132
    You either have some real insecurities or just accept it as truth be ause this is like the 5th time in 24 hours you mentioned that your a blithering moron.

Also, how has anybody been dead wrong about a group of kids who've yet to play a game?

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,695
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,695
    Interview of BS on WNDE is interesting. Worth listening to.

15. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    I've always been a fan of Chrabascz. I'm not a coach or scout, but I feel like he will be a good player for us. Very underrated guy, very hard worker. I'm excited to see how he does.

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,695
    Happy you are a fan to. I didn't realize his dad was a coach. I remember some months ago I thought he may be the next Matt Howard. Still do. Stephens says he is strong and college ready. Good enough for me.

17. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,498
    I think Wes Unseld was about 6 - 7 and 240, or maybe a little heavier. I know, totally different era. But a wide body block out can make up for a inch or two in the middle. Woods is athletic as hell, has long, long arms, is taller than Chrabascz, but still can't rebound consistently....simply because he doesn't put a body on anyone when the ball goes up. I don't think you'll have that problem with Chrabascz. Although it would be nice if he were an inch or two taller, I think he'll be fine. In fact, he may become a nightmare for some 6 - 10 guy to try and guard.....somewhat similar to Howard.

18. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $284
    I understand some of you are just kids, but this sort of thing is what you hear every year. Here's the one from 2011 --- http://www.examiner.com/article/butler-announces-the-signing-of-4-for-2011

You'll know something when the new players are playing against legitimate high major players. BU has few of those, including all classes. Hopefully, the freshmen can out produce their standing in the conference (5th or 6th) and do unexpected things.

Try to keep in mind that we have to judge things completely differently than even a couple years ago. Regardless of how excited you are (about whatever), it might be a bit unfair to expect too much. There are 10 ESPN Top 100 players joining the league, none come from BU.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,695
    Blocking out and defense will be second nature to Chrabascz. I think Charles Barkley did OK rebounding at 6'5" to 6'6"". Howard did OK at 6' 7". Smarts and effort can make a whale of a difference.

20. joeglasgow71

joeglasgow71 Member

Money:
    $5
    Is it too hard to allow people to have a positive outlook on Butler basketball (players, coaches, etc.)? It's so tiring...you just can't help yourself.