Andrew Chrabascz - 2013 Center

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Bulldog Grit

Bulldog Grit New Member

Money:
    $6
    2nd Team BE Consideration? I think so.

Out of 9 BE games, he's had 7 good to great games and 2 clunkers. Usually, every game you'll notice AC sealing the lane allowing a layup by Dunham, Barlow, or Jones. He is heady like Barlow. Also, I loved his crossover on a Marquette big guy for a lay-in. Yesterday, he was in the zone: 11-17 FG's and 7-7 FT's!

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    I loved that cross over as well. He is a mismatch against big guys like Fisher, a Smith and Stainbrook.
    He is deceivingly quick and his ability to go with either hand is unique. I also agree he is very smart. Rarely makes a bad decision with the ball.

3. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $289
    Definitely the Most Improved Player over the year for us.

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Story on the local news tonight about Butler basketball....one thing that caught my attention was that 45 has lost 20 lbs. His Mom set up a diet for him. This is Matt Howard all over again. Remember when 54 shedded that weight before his SR year and became much more explosive, active and the motor....man the motor....it was non stop.

So 45 is probably down in the 220ish range now??? At 6'7, that is a good weight to carry if playing the 4 exclusively, which I think he will given Fowler is around now and Brunk arrives next year.

Really looking forward to seeing the new, sleeker version of 45.

5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    The players I'm most excited to see how they do early on are Chrab, Martin, Wideman, Davis and Fowler.

6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    Fascinating and fun article in the Indy Star on Chrabascz's dad playing for the Washington Generals.

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,863
    Isnt that Kevin Easley sitting next to Carl Chrabascz? He'd make a great recruiter:)

8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,848
    Didn't big Carl play collegiately at Penn State?

9. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $524
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,888
    [tweet]768145048898772992[/tweet]

11. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    People kinda forget about it, but Andrew finished off last season on a high note after reallllly struggling in the middle of the season. I think he's gonna have a big year. Not like First Team Big East or anything, but something like 13ppg, 5rpg.

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,888
    Agree, hope AC goes out on a high note and he's had a great BU career so far. I'd enjoy seeing a front line of AC (3), Wideman (4) and Brunk (5), but it's doubtful he has the lateral movement to guard the 3.

13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,863
    Talked with Andrew right after that game and while bummed over the loss, you could tell he was a man on fire. Talked about picking up this season with the same passion. #Senior

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,517
    Id love that too but there's no way he can play the three.

15. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    Chrabs seems like a great dude. Hope he has a huge year.

16. ItalianDawg

ItalianDawg Member

Money:
    $62
    After getting the Armenian passport and playing well for the Armenian National Team in the European Pre-Qualifiers for FIBA World Cup 2019, Andrew Chrabascz could become a pro and play in the Italian leagues.

In particular, a local newspaper (La Nuova Ferrara) writes the rumor that Capo d'Orlando, an LBA team (Italian 1st Division) is interested in signing Andrew to a multi-year contract. According to the article (link), in the first year of the contract he would be sent on loan to Ferrara (Serie A2, Italian 2nd Division) to be the starting PF and a focal point for the team (only 2 foreigners for each team are allowed in Serie A2, so they're required to carry the team). After getting acquainted to European basketball, he would then return back to Capo d'Orlando, a team that is investing heavily in developing young players. For example, his current teammate on the Armenian NT, former UConn guard Ryan Boatright, started his pro career in Capo d'Orlando, getting enough exposure to jump to higher level teams in Croatia and Turkey. Hopefully Andrew will do the same in a few years.

17. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $970
    Good for AC, wishing him a successful career in Italy. :)

18. ItalianDawg

ItalianDawg Member

Money:
    $62
    If you're curious to see him play for Armenia, here's the link to the live stream for his next game (tomorrow, 2 pm ET) vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina:

19. ItalianDawg

ItalianDawg Member

Money:
    $62
    Change of plans for Andrew: won't play in Italy, but he'll be in Belgium alongside Kellen Dunham.

mwall787, BU_NeonHat and MSUDawg like this.
  20. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,248
    LOVE that he and Kellen will be reunited!

ItalianDawg likes this.