Andrew Smith (Lithuania)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by KCbufan21, Jan 16, 2014.

1. KCbufan21

KCbufan21 Member

Money:
    $29
    Came across this but dont remember hearing anything about it. Anyone know what's going on?

http://t.co/vFMSwAsBnd

2. Scaggmatic

Scaggmatic Member

Money:
    $39
    Yikes. Bump for updates.

Crapatalk

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    Zak Keefer ‏@zkeefer 15m
    Per his agent, former #Butler player Andrew Smith has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, interrupting his overseas playing career.

Zak Keefer ‏@zkeefer 13m
    Smith has been undergoing treatment in Indianapolis and his return to Lithuania and a pro playing career is uncertain.

Awful news, but I'm sure it goes without saying that we're all pulling for him to make a quick and full recovery.

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,378
    Terrible news about Andrew Smith. Just terrible!

5. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,862
    I heard about this a while back. Family has wanted it kept quiet. My understanding is that he is doing well with his treatments.

Thoughts and prayers.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,378
    So damn young! Puts winning and losing into perspective.

7. BUCU

BUCU New Member

Money:
    $5
    You are so right. We get more comments and criticisms on this board about players and angst regarding lost games than we do when an announcement like this is made. THAT is a reflection on us all, I suppose.

8. Baseline

Baseline Active Member

Money:
    $421
    BUCU - You are so right. How many times do we bash players performances without any regard for them as kids? I hope this makes everyone think twice about that in the future. What a great young man Andrew is! Represented everything that is great about Butler. I will be thinking of, and praying for him and his loved ones. Come on Andrew! You can do this!

9. Butler Blues

Butler Blues New Member

Money:
    $5
    With all the negativity on the forum, why don't we all take a minute or two and send some positive messages to Andrew Smith. He and his wife have started a blog about Andrew's battle with cancer. They can be reached at http://kickingcancerwiththesmiths.wordpress.com/. I'm sure it will make his daily chemo treatments go a little quicker if he can read some good messages from the die-hard Butler fans that hang out on this forum. #goDawgs

10. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $921
  11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
  12. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Samantha Smith @Samantha44Smith · 8:09 PM - 31 Jul 2014
    I believe in the power of prayer, so PLEASE lift up Andrew. We are in the ICU and need this man covered in prayer.

13. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,006
    Cancer sucks. Praying for Andrew.

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Mark Minner ‏@MarkMinner 13h
    #Butler Friends: Andrew & @Samantha44Smith need prayer more than ever. Life is not fair. Life is not easy. But I pray for them to overcome!

15. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $157
  16. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $157
    Yes, I know the title should be Andrew Smith, my keyboard is sticking for some reason.

17. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Sounds like Andrew has made some improvement from Samantha's tweet today:

Samantha Smith ‏@Samantha44Smith 6:34 PM - 2 Aug 2014
    Thank you for the thousands of prayers. The Lord heard each one & gave us a miracle today. Still need prayers,but today has been incredible.

18. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $921
    So how exactly does that, work, if not enough people prayed then the Lord would have said forget it, I'm not healing him?

on a serious note, I am very happy to hear he is doing better.

19. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Pretty distasteful post. You would have been better to keep that one to yourself.

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,203
    Not cool, man