Andrew Smith (Lithuania)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by KCbufan21, Jan 16, 2014.

1. chc3

chc3 Active Member

Money:
    $112
    Pray for healing, peace and comfort for all...

2. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,862
    Willis, I know your heart is in the right place, but if you read Sam's blog they are not close to "calling it" at this point. Quite the opposite.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,425
    Really? Well good. I just read the retweets and the article on the star and it sounded pretty dim. I don't get into her blog and all that...I already read enough as is online, what does it say (cliff notes, obviously, don't want you to quote the whole thing and waste your time)? That article on the star this morning sounded like the end. If it's not, then that's good news and hopefully he can brawl out of this thing one more time. But from what I read, it sounded just terrible. Which sucks.

4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    It's definitely not the end, but they are starting to run low on options. The transplant has failed and it's gone from lymphoma which is not always easy to treat, but it's certainly a lot easier than aggressive leukemia, which is what it's turned into now.

They don't deserve any of this. I don't like to swear on the message board, but cancer is ****ing bull****. I've lost an aunt and an uncle to it, and my grandparents have had it as well, I've known kids who have gotten it and beaten it, and I've known those that weren't so fortunate. The only constant in this cruel world is that you should always try and make the most of the time you have while you're in it.

Prayers to Andrew and Samantha that they do manage to get the call for the perfect clinical trial and the doctors destroy every cell that's been destroying him over the last 2 years and they get the happy life together that they deserve.

5. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822
    The one thing worse than Xavier...keep fighting Andrew. You have so many fellow bulldogs on your side.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    Please pray for Andrew. Now.

7. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,103
    Saw his wife's tweet and the retweet from Butler Basketball. Pulling hard for him. Any additional information?

8. Irishdawg

Money:
    $1
    Not that I know of, but I'm guessing it's probably not good. Praying hard that the young man can keep going.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  10. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Brad Stevens is missing tonight's Celtics game to visit Andrew. That's the Butler Way in action.

11. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    That to me seems to indicate not very good news....not very good at all.

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    So very very sad. He and Samantha never even had a go at life together. So young. Class move by Brad.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,425
    Yeah I tweeted this as well, if he's skipping a game with his team, to go visit someone, it's not a good sign at all. I would guess in the next 24-36 hours this battle is over. Big ups, big man. If that's the case, we all got your back and we'll see you on the other side, son.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  14. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $204
    Go Andrew!!!

15. Irishdawg

Money:
    $1
    Prayers to Andrew and his family. I wish bad things like this didn't happen to great people.

16. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Wow. Steven is a real class act.

And wow, things must really be bad for Andrew.

17. oldstyle1908

oldstyle1908 Active Member

Money:
    $2,935
    Prayers up from myself and my family

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  18. VonZipper

VonZipper Member

Money:
    $6
    Praying for Andrew and family. Such wonderful people, so hard to accept. Praying for their miracle.

19. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $303
    I really hope a miracle happens and Andrew can get through this. These things only seem to happen to good people. Huge props to Brad for showing support. My thoughts are with you Andrew.

20. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $425
    Thoughts and prayers from Buffalo.