Anthony Leal - 2020 Shooting Guard (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by mwall787, Jun 6, 2018.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,839
    Has he visited Butler for a game? Recently?

2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $763
    I believe he was at the Georgetown game.

3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,854
    Yep, he was at the Georgetown game with his folks. IU seems to have bumped up their interest. Guessing some of the angst there is causing them to pay closer attention to an in-state kid as if he went elsewhere there could be a a lot of blowback. They can ill afford that right now.

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,181
    IU is lucky they have Morgan and Langford this year.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  5. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Both parents teach there. He’s from there. And is a huge fan. One thing that makes this recruitment interesting is the timing of an IU offer if it comes.

Sidd Finch likes this.
  6. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $411
    I don’t know that this is the case. From what my buddies have said - it seems like Archie is pretty set on getting guys that will fit the system. They are likely setting up for a 2020 with some of their younger guys developing and Jackson Davis. They’ll need top quality guards rather than 3-4 year guys.

7. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,150
  8. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,150
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,282
    Leal was able to muster 5 pts. in their loss to Center Grove on the regionals.

bumba likes this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856

Tentozen likes this.
  12. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $211
  13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,854
    I don’t care how many times he’s saying he’s not waiting on an IU offer, but he’s going to wait on an IU offer until they flat out tell him he’s not getting one. And I think he’s he’s using the UVA interest to conjure up the whole Kyle Guy business. Smart.

14. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,851
    If UVa has offered, the smart thing would be to accept.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    They already have plenty of guards on the roster and Armaan Franklin is signed. He's better than Leal from what I've seen on video. I just don't see it (even if he doesn't end up at BU).

16. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz New Member

Money:
    $49
    Article says Northwestern, Stanford, and Virginia are showing the most attention. I'd love to see Butler get Leal. A combination of Leal and one of the point guards they are recruiting could be special.

BUcheer likes this.
  17. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $681
    If IU and Virginia don't offer, I think we have a really good shot.

18. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz New Member

Money:
    $49
    I hope Archie kicks the bucket on him. Leal and Beard or another point guard could make a really good back court. If Bennett gets serious with Leal it's going to be Kyle Guy all over again. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

19. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $302
    I personally wouldn't want to go to IU if I grew up in Bloomington my whole life. College is your chance to try something new. Come to the big city, your parents and friends can still make every game (especially with I-69 finishing up), and your parents won't be there analyzing your every meal and date. Butler sounds perfect to me (sure I'm a little bias).

Every person is different, but I would not have gone to college in my hometown.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019 at 1:51 PM
    estar20dawg likes this.
  20. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz New Member

Money:
    $49
    I'm in a similar boat to Leal. I didn't want to go to the local college considering I grew up in a college town my whole life. That being said, not everyone shares that mentality. Look at Jordy Hulls. Grew up an IU fan since he could walk. Every kid is different but I hope Archie snuffs Leal. I think Leal could make more impact for Butler than he would at IU.

SnoopDawg likes this.