Assistant Coach Opening

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BigHoss, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,130
    INTERVIEW ARTICLE POSTED: https://www.patreon.com/posts/50579645

I had a blast talking with Coach Ragland and I hope this article comes out in a way that displays how genuine he appears to be. As far as the podcast idea goes, we did not plan the phone call as a podcast and thus it doesn't really flow in that way nor is the audio quality to standard to post in that medium.

jal8908, Eric, #60 and 11 others like this.
  2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,280
    Great stuff. Ragland really seems like a salt of the earth kind of guy.

3. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,240
    Fantastic article Lukas! I don’t know how long we will be able to hold on to coach Ragland, but he absolutely fits the Butler Way!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

iluvsnow likes this.
  4. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    The fact that Ronnie is a big proponent should speak volumes to us.

We lost absolutely nothing from last year, fortified the staff, picked up a 5th year transfer, added 3 new comers and, knock on wood, get Scoob and JaKobe back along with healthy versions of AT, Bo, Nze and Golden

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg, ChiDawg3, 2xDawg and 4 others like this.
  5. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Thanks for the kind words on the interview piece. I was really happy with how it came out.

formz42, BoyGeoff and cornette33 like this.
  6. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $243
    I'm just glad we now have another coach on staff that knows what/where to look for on the court when our offense starts getting too predictable for defenses to adjust to, or when we need to try something new especially on plays coming out of timeouts. It certainly sounds like Ragland has experience making an offense that runs efficiently.

AZRPh, ChiDawg3, znelson15 and 2 others like this.
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    Could be we may need another one soon...........................................

Talk amongst yourselves.

8. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,847
    ??? Is there news?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    No actual news to report at this time, but the Wisconsin side of things has indicated that Coach O is among the candidates for their open assistant spot. This isn't a very new development as the candidacy rumor has been floating for a week or two. We'll see what happens - I've also heard Sharif Chambliss and Steve Robinson as a couple of their other targets.

:)

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    znelson15 and NCJon like this.
  10. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,122
    Wait, I thought our assistants stunk? Why would someone want to hire them away?

Tentozen, Shimmy, thebulldogs and 2 others like this.
  11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,841
    I think a lot of people recognize Lowry is a solid assistant while also maintaining our assistants as a group were bad last year. Both are true.

12. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $534
    Do you have knowledge of what the assistants are doing on a day-to-day basis? I'd love to hear what evidence you have to support your claim that EK and Vergollo suck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,704
    It doesn’t matter what they do on a day to day. They could be doing exactly what they should be doing and just not be good at it.

I have no clue if they are good or not, but WHAT they are doing has zero to do with HOW GOOD they are at doing it.

14. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,087
    I think his point was none of have a good idea if they’re doing a good job or not. A pretty impossible thing to measure without insider knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    If Omar doesn't get lured a way before the season, a bench of he and Ragland is pretty damn strong.

PharmDDawg and Tentozen like this.
  16. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $696
    As much as I think it would suck to lose coach O. It’s a good thing for the program to lose coaches to head coaching jobs. Just like when players go to the nba within the program the same thing for coaches moving up and on. IMO it Shows the program is in a good place. Just another selling point when it comes to recruiting.

Tentozen likes this.
  17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    I agree that assistant coaches getting head coaching jobs is good. I don't think an assistant coach going to another school as an assistant is a good thing, however.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
  19. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    Is that a cryptic message? Guessing everyone will be back next yr?

20. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    Wisconsin hired Sharif Chambliss for the position that Omar Lowery was rumored to be up for.