Atlantic 10 Notes

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, May 4, 2012.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,118
    RE: Around the A10

The whole foundation of that argument is flawed though, as we have discussed at length before. The A10 isn't going to change Butler. Stevens is going to do the same lengths he has done before, he will just be able to do them better now.

2. oldmanbutler

oldmanbutler New Member

Money:
    $5

I live in Kansas country. KU is the one that scares me the most with regard to Stevens. One of these days Bill Self will bolt to the NBA. He has NBA connections you wouldn't believe. His best friend owns a team. I pray not but that could be the final destination of Coach Stevens.

Yet, he may well decide to fulfill the current agreement and retire. I don't see Stevens as a lifer coach.

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742

VCU to the A-10 per ESPN. Perfect!

4. Mr 224

Mr 224 New Member

Money:
    $5

I read that George Mason is staying in the Colonial. Another school that I would enjoy seeing Butler play, and one that might be a nice fit for the A-10, is Murray State. Has anyone seen Murray State mentioned as a possibility for the A-10?

5. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $644

They'd be a better institutional fit in the Horizon League.

The next logical add would probably be Creighton and Depaul/Marquette (given certain circumstances)

6. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,118

To be honest I would like to see the A10 contract a little bit before they begin to expand again (looking at things from purely a basketball standpoint).

7. Bulldog Grit

Bulldog Grit New Member

Money:
    $6

I can't stand Murray State. They give Mid-Majors a bad name. All impressive record and then falter in the tournament. They still believe Ron Nored should have been called for a Charge in the NCAA match-up 3 seasons ago. How about Indiana State. That would probably give us one more game per season where Hinkle would be at least 3/4 full (tongue in cheek).

8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

Ben Weixlmann ?@BWeixScout
    RT @ChrisEmmaScout Mislav Brzoja will be a Dayton Flyer. #Northwestern will not admit him, says a source. @TeddyGreenstein first reported

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627

Jason McIntyre ?@TheBigLead
    Temple's 2nd leading scorer on the basketball team busted for prostitution in Atlantic City: http://is.gd/W2sdOQ

10. PDT1242

PDT1242 Active Member

Money:
    $74

It never ceases to amaze me as to how stupid some people can be.

11. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839

Agreed. Prostitution should be legalized nationwide already.

12. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $439
    RE: Recruiting Notes

Off topic but VCU got a commit today from a top 100 prospect in 2012 guard Melvin Johnson. Between him and another commit they got a couple weeks ago in top 150 2013 guard Jairus Lyles recruiting is definitely now starting to pick up for them since they joined the A-10.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

Ben Weixlmann?@BWeixScout

Awful news for #SJU freshman Kyle Molock as the school announced he will miss the season with a torn ACL. That's No. 3 for the kid. Ugh

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-basketball/ranking-atlantic-10s-basketball-coaches

15. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/summershootaround120727/atlantic-10

awesome article about the upcoming A10 season

16. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742

Just got a ScoreCenter text on my phone - story not on ESPN site yet - but Dez Wells just got booted off of the Xavier team.

If anyone thought the way Butler took some beatings last year from years of frustration by opposing league teams, watching Xavier this year may take that to an entirely different level.

17. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,659

Rumor is it was sexual. Possible rape?

18. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $644

Yes thats what it sounds like.

BU will sweep XU.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

Brian Flinn?@BFlinnFuture150

Still cant believe Dez Wells is done at Xavier. VCU the new frontrunner in the A-10?

---------------

So it seems as though Flinn thought X was going to win the A-10 before Wells got booted...lol

BTW Xavier picked up a JUCO tonight. Chris Cantino.

Let the beatdowns of X commence! :D[hr]
    Ben Weixlmann?@BWeixScout

My guess is you'll see Dez resurface at a HM institution. With NC roots, don't be surprised to see an ACC school grab him

20. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $644

No way they'd touch that. It'll be low to mid. I could actually see Detroit going after him, pretty much a McCallum guy.