Atlantic 10 Notes

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, May 4, 2012.

1. Jon in NC

Jon in NC New Member

Money:
    $5
    Great coach. Sad day for basketball.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2012/12/01/st-louis-utah-coach-rick-majerus-dead-at-64/1739971/

2. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Very true. Class guy, excellent coach. Real treasure that will be missed.

3. Bulldog Grit

Bulldog Grit New Member

Money:
    $6
    I used to see this guy at Ball State frequently. He used to drive a BSU issued Ford Tempo. The back seat of that car was absolutely filled with Burger King and McDonalds trash. I am not joking one bit. The guy worked very hard. This was probably hard on his body.

He was friendly from my perspective (who knows if he was this way all the time with everyone).

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    District Baller ?@DistrictBaller
    After @JonRothstein saw the Rams in person last night, he says the A-10 title goes through VCU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn2GLYxU0Gk

5. Bulldog Grit

Bulldog Grit New Member

Money:
    $6
    I've been thinking about VCU. BU could have some difficulty with the ball pressure. Especially, if VBU presses on the inbound/full court. We have shown our weakness against UNC, IU, and somewhat vs Xavier.

Brad and Co., will put a solid plan together. I can imagine how Jon Rothstein sees the title going through VCU. We'll need RJ to stay out of foul trouble to be able to help push the ball up court as an additional outlet. KD looks a little shaky at times in the back court, but we need his FT capability if we have a lead going into the last two minutes.

That game is far down the road. Too bad we will be playing at VCU for the late in-season game. March is going to be tough and carry high stakes. The VCU game will be followed by at UMass, Xavier at home, then the A-10 tourney, and then March Madness. Every game will feel like a March Madness game and have major seeding implications.

BG

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21464678/saint-louis-gets-major-boost-with-kwamain-mitchells-return

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Saint Louis drilled New Mexico today. 60-46.

A-10 is going to be a War.

8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,645
    If only Alford knew anything about defense the one area he struggled at as a player.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Dick Vitale?@DickieV

St Louis with gr8 W over New Mexico - am I totally wacky but FROM TOP TO BOTTOM A-10 might be better than SEC & PAC 12! Give ur feelings
    [hr]
    http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/entry/conference_title_predictions

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,645
    SEC is no match for the A-10. PAC 12 other than UCLA and Arizona is comparable to the SEC.

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    David Woods ?@DavidWoods007
    Irrespective of this game at Kansas, it looks like Temple is top team in A-10. Butler, VCU & maybe St. Louis will contend

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,645
    If Butler plays with intensity they can take Temple. Not impressed with Temple's offensive sets. Should be relatively easy to defend against.

13. Madlock

Madlock New Member

Money:
    $5
    You had to be impressed w/ Wyatt. That kid is tough and sly.... but I see what you're saying. I agree BU can beat Temple if they limit turnovers and force Owls to shoot from the perimeter.

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Agree with Insane Dawg and Madlock....glad that Temple game is at Hinkle though.

Weixlmann thinks it's VCU/Butler and then Temple 3rd...

Ben Weixlmann ?@BWeixScout
    Third, IMO. VCU/Butler at the top. RT @jeffborzello: Temple is going to be an interesting team to slot in my A-10 reset on Wednesday

15. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    X offered 2014 6'3" PG Edmond Sumner out of Detroit Country Day.

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,707
    Interesting night of A-10 games tonight. Other than us, Dayton takes on VCU, and Charlotte hosts LaSalle in good matchups.

17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,777
    I am still trying to see why everyone is so infatuated with VCU and then say "Oh yeah, there's Butler, too". Not just Brennan, but Lunardi and Bilas, as well. Does anyone else get the same vibe?

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,707
    I do, and I think it's style of play and the fact they opened up a whooping on Memphis, who everyone still thinks is very good (and they are pretty damn talented). But more so, they play an intriguing, entertaining style that catches the eye more than we do.

I still think we are better than anyone else in the conference, including Temple. Tonight will show a lot about if I'm accurate with that or not. A good showing will be huge for Butler.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8847729/jesse-morgan-massachusetts-minutemen-remainder-season

20. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Saint Louis up 23-19 at the Half over Richmond. Spiders getting killed on the glass. They are going to need to make some 3's to win. Williams is back for Richmond.