Atlantic 10 Notes

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, May 4, 2012.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Big win for Saint Louis. 56-46 at Richmond. VCU up by 9 in the second half vs Charlotte.

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Charlotte about to tip at Saint Louis. Go 49ers. :)

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Saint Louis up 37-28 at the half vs. Charlotte.

4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    That Temple-UMass game was nuts. Temple won 83-82.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Rubber meets the road this week.

Tues VCU at Saint Louis
    Thurs LaSalle at Temple
    Fri Saint Louis at Butler
    Sat VCU at Xavier

6. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,006
    Very much so. If I had to pick what I would want to happen, I would prefer Saint Louis over VCU, Temple over Lasalle, Butler two wins this week and VCU over Xavier.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,830
    I see VCU followed by SL
    then BU and LaSalle tied for third a week from today.

8. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    VCU is ranked 24th. SLU was only 22 votes away from beating out Notre Shame for 25.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/02/18/13/Loaded-Atlantic-10-still-up-for-grabs/landing_stlbillikens.html?blockID=865793&feedID=3794

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Ben Weixlmann ?@BWeixScout
    #Temple-#LaSalle is a beatdown. Owls getting a resume boost and the Explorers taking an at-large hit[hr]
    Temple up 64-53, 8 min left.

11. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    got to feel bad for the A10. Just went from a top notch league to losing, Butler, Xavier, St. Louis, Dayton(presumably in 2014), Temple, Charlotte in the span of a year.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I feel the same way. Especially for VCU. They are caught in no mans land. Hopefully A-10 can get some good additions.

13. BUCovington93

BUCovington93 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Would Detroit be a candidate for the A-10?

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Evan Daniels ?@EvanDanielsFOX
    Johnny Williams from St. Benedict's just committed to VCU, a source says.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351

Dave Telep ?@DaveTelep
    VCU scored 2014 PG Jonathan Williams. He committed after watching Havoc on steroids today. Williams can go too

---------------

Havoc on steriods....that about sums it up. Word is that arena was just insane yesterday. VCU players probably moved twice as quick as normal. I watched a little of the game again this morning and it was just incredible the ground VCU was covering. Their quickness is unbelievable 1 thru 5. Castro and Brown and even Berry, who is a very quick BIG will help us going forward in that regard.

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Alex Kline?@TheRecruitScoop

2014 St. Vincent Pallotti (MD) PF Tariq Owens will choose between VCU & Miami. He will visit both shortly after the NCAA basketball season

17. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    David Woods ?@DavidWoods007 1h
    Speculation is that Atlantic 10 is taking George Mason from Colonial.
    Expand
    David Woods ?@DavidWoods007 1h
    Atlantic 10 announces Monday news conference for "major announcement" about its future.

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Alex Kline ?@TheRecruitScoop 22 Mar
    RT @GoodmanCBS: St. Joe's junior big man CJ Aiken is leaving early for the NBA

19. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    I honestly have no recollection of this kid. I guess he had 13 and 7 against us this year. Only averages 10 and 5 a game... that's not even close to NBA quality. I don't even see him listed in Draft Express' 2013 mock draft. LOL good luck dude.

20. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    The Butler/St Joes game wasnt televised back here. So I would imagine alot of Butler fans don't have any recollection of him. He was the defensive player of the year last year in the A10. Shot blocker. Andrew Smith annihilated him in the game in Jan though. There are some rumblings in Philly that Phil Martelli may be in trouble. Hawk fans expected this team to win the A10 and be in the NCAA tourney. They had zero depth though and that was a disaster for a league with as many good teams as the A10 had this year.