Austin Etherington - Sophomore Transfer

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    [align=center]Austin Etherington
    Sophomore Small Forward - 6'6" 213 lbs
    Cicero, Indiana
    Indiana Transfer

[​IMG]

Career Stats

[/align]

2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Austin Etherington will transfer from IU, according to InsidetheDawgPound, Miller had recruited Etherington while at Ohio State.

Think it would make sense from his standpoint to get a little closer to home and still play in a well regarded conference. With all the wings that Butler has though, I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense.

I'm not saying Crean ran him off, but it is pretty interesting that 1 year after Zeller left (which there was a lot of speculation as to why he was there in the first place), he's gone as well.

3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    I hope we do not pursue.

4. gutshot

gutshot New Member

Money:
    $5
    + a million

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    This might make sense:

Trevor Andershock ‏@INBBallSource 3m
    The rumor last week was that Austin Etherington would transfer to Ind. State. His brother, Alex, is currently redshirting as a frosh at ISU.

6. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    Absolutely knew he wouldn't last 4 years at IU, from the day he signed. He's not Big East quality either. Take a real big pass. Is Hartman still there? When he leaves, we need to pass on him as well. Butler has been the top college basketball program in Indiana for the past couple of decades. I'd be real skeptical of IU and PU throwaways.

7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Apparently Etherington is on pace to graduate in May, therefore he'll be eligible to play immediately.

8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    I am sure Crean tried to talk him out of it. :)

9. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    Etherington a 3 year graduate transfer

I know our big need is not a 6'6" 215 lb guy, but with 4 scholarships available, and now finding out he has 2 years of eligibility and can play right away....you have to go after the kid right?

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Now with Berry leaving and only six coming back with much experience I could be convinced that Etherington makes sense as a sub for Dunham and to add some depth.

11. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Can he play any back-up point?

Otherwise...pass...

12. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,161
    Word is that he'll likely end up at Indiana St. to join his younger brother.

13. jziemer

jziemer New Member

Money:
    $5
    Sadly, we need anything we can get. I'll take him.

14. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    Pass. Why commit two years to a really, really marginal player?

15. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    Really all depends on what happens next month or two don't you think? We are so thin, and I'd rather commit to two years with a guy recruited for the Big 10 who can play immediately, then throw the scholarship at a sub-par freshman for 4 years, or another lower level 1 year transfer. Would I rather have a couple 1 year stud, 7' bulky transfers and a stud PG freshman....sure...but it's the end of March and currently our 9 man rotation would include Aldridge and 2 unproven freshman.

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    I agree with this. We are extremely light on proven scholarship players for next season. If someone like Etherington is interested I think you give him a look. Sure he isn't great, but he's someone that is ok and can compete. Our rotation is so thin already, I'd welcome this transfer.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Trevor Andershock ‏@INBBallSource 4h
    New Orleans has offered IU transfer Austin Etherington. UNO assistant coach Kris Arkenburg has strong Indiana ties, and is a rising coach

19. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,174
    Etherington to visit Butler.

20. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Just saw this too.

Eh. I don't really get the appeal.