Austin Etherington - Sophomore Transfer

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 23, 2014.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  2. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    He's now a Butler Bulldog.

3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    Need him without Brown

4. ItalianDawg

ItalianDawg Member

Money:
    $62
    [tweet]457260679846584320[/tweet]
    Sigh of relief, we'll really need him next season without Brown. And he's gonna play against IU in the Crossroads Classic!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Any chance we just invest one year here?

6. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    I don't look at Butler stuff for a day and everything goes crazy....I will be honest I don't want this guy--Brown or no Brown.

7. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    Waste of a scholarship in my opinion. What is he really going to do for us?

8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Provide much needed depth and experience to a team that has but a hand-full of scholarship players.

I don't think anyone thinks he's going to start, but he'll be a decent bench guy.

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    Well, when you have a coach that hemorrhages scholarship players, it's hard to call it a waste. I mean, we have like 12 open scholarships. May as well give one to a stiff.

10. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    Counting Etherington, we only have 3 open scholarships left. We need to use them wisely.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    Yeah...good luck with us seeing that.

12. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    It's a great move for Etherington, because at his size, he'll be able to play anywhere from the 2-4, and frankly, Butler's pretty thin at all those positions. Etherington won't start, but given his size, there will be plenty of PT for him to get if he's able. I'd have to go back and watch some tape of him as a defender, but as an offensive player, Butler actually has lost a little bit going from Brown to Etherington.

We'll see what kind of fit he is at Butler. Most likely it'll be up to him whether he wants to stay 1 or 2 seasons.

13. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Almost all those players left on their own accord, through their decisions or actions. I'd argue the only one Miller nudged out was Morgan.

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Castro probably disagrees with you, but from some things I have heard BMill deserves a gold star for that nudge.....Castro gives new meaning to the term "Non Focused."

If we take Saddler in early May, that will leave us with 2 players sitting out. Getting Eron Harris is going to be very important. He gets released soon and the feeding frenzy will start....

Woods
    Chrabascz
    Jones
    Dunham
    Barlow
    Harris
    J. Davis
    Etherington
    Martin
    Wideman
    Tyler Lewis(redshirt)
    Tevon Saddler(redshirt)
    Aldridge

That leaves one scholie left. Probably need to target a BIG. Preferably a 5th year transfer so that we get that scholie back for the 2015 class.

Edit: Forgot Aldridge. Can anyone blame me? We are full if we take Saddler/Davis/Harris along with Lewis and Etherington. That squarely puts Wideman into a position of playing some Post defense in his Fr year. From what I saw at Lafayette vs Biggy Swanigan, he can really bang and is strong. I thought he got the better of Lyles for the majority of that State Final game too. Wideman can't be more than 6'7 though, but there are alot of Jayvaughn Pinkston types in the BE that a guy like Wideman can help out on. Horford is probably going to Florida. Getting a Long BIG was always going to be an uphill battle in the transfer dept. If we get Harris/Davis and Saddler you have to call it a major success for BMill.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2h
    Butler has landed Indiana transfer Austin Etherington, source told ESPN.

Matt Trabold ‏@TrabsMatt 1h
    If program going to L Nolan Berry, Elijah Brown, Castro, Devontae Morgan & Smeathers, Tyler Lewis & Etherington not bad consolation prizes.

Guys like Morgan, Volovic and Smeathers are not worth worrying over. Castro is A-10. Berry is visiting schools like St. Louis & Florida Gulf Coast. No one we have lost yet is going HM = none of them are actually BE players.

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Your list looks a whole lot better than if you took out which ever 4 names you want and insert Castro, Smeathers, Brown and Morgan.

17. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $513
    Agree with the above. People complain about the lack of talent on the bench and then complain about the turnover of the bench players they had earlier declared not good enough to play in the BE. From what I can tell, we're upgrading/trying to upgrade to better talent. I'm excited to see the results and think AE may surprise in the Butler system.

18. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Agree with the above posts. If Miller replaces those 5-6 guys with Lewis, Davis, Harris, Etherington, and Saddler, that is a huge gain. Seems like he is more like Matta (aggressively reshaping roster) than Brad, which is a great sign because he can't coach like Brad (and we don't want him recruiting like Brad). BUT, the onus is on Miller to come through with a real gem like Harris, and to reel in Davis. So, big stakes, big rewards.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  20. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    Etherington was an integral part in the recruitment of Cody Zeller and Yogi Ferrell - here is to hoping he goes all out in trying to get others to join him at Butler. (Jackson, Harris, etc.)