Austin Etherington - Sophomore Transfer

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    I have no idea. Apparently he spent a lot of time in the weight room. My expectations are the same as for Martin, Davis and Wideman which is I have no clue. Got to wait and see.

2. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    I'm a little more bullish on Etherington than most people are. My in-laws are die-hard IU fans, and they were very sad when they found out Austin was leaving IU. I think the potential is definitely there, he has just had some bad breaks in Bloomington. He only got to play 47 minutes as a freshman before breaking his knee. His numbers as a sophomore weren't great (2 ppg), but it also took him most of the season to get back into basketball shape. He did appear to be playing a ton better towards the end of the season.

I could be wrong, and he could come in and stink it up. Worst case, he ends up being just be a bench body and continue to average 2 ppg. But I think he will have more of a contribution than that. I think 5 or 6 ppg isn't a crazy prediction, and it wouldn't surprise me if he has multiple double-digit scoring games this season.

I read a tweet from Michael Pointer saying Etherington has been cleared to practice. Does anyone know if he's started practicing yet? If so, and he has a whole month to get his legs underneath him, then we may be able to expect a contribution from him sooner than many people thought.

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    [​IMG]

Etherington is #0 - he is practicing.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    Jesus...if he stays healthy that would be a miracle. Just please stay healthy so we can have ten scholarship players in practice.

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    I want Kam on steroids.

6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    But then his jersey might not fit:
    [​IMG]

7. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Really hoping Etherington can find his shot again. Having a threat from outside will be critical both when spelling Dunham and when not. Either way, I am expecting good things from him off the bench. Has much to prove, and he should feel infinitely more comfortable.

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    I think you may be right. Certainly even with the coaching questions at Butler it has to be better than Crean. Hopefully he will be more relaxed. I don't know how anyone could have been affective at IU last year other than Yogi. Yogi goes right, Yogi goes left, Yogi dribbles, Yogi shoots.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    BU Collegian Sports @BUSportsWriters · Nov 22
    Holtmann on Etherington: His effort and energy have to be hallmarks for him, and they have been. His effort and energy is an asset."

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Jared Grubbs ‏@ButlerWay 20h20 hours ago
    Coach Holtmann says Etherington has been shooting very well in practice. Would be a huge bonus if he turned into a shooter.

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  12. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Stats from three:
    2012-2013: 1-3 (33.0%)
    2013-2014: 5-21 (23.8%)
    2014-2015: 10-38 (26.3%)
    2015-2016 (so far): 20-45 (44.4%)

Here's where things get crazy:
    2015-2016 Pre-Conference: 5-15 (33%)
    2015-2016 Conference: 20-36 (55.6%)
    2015-2016 Since Start of February: 17-26 (65.4%)

Dude is en fuego.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    The confidence he is playing with is off the charts. That Creighton game did wonders for him. It gives us some quality bench minutes.

Great way for AE to end his college career. We need everybody.

Still cannot believe that foul call on AE in the Hall game. Lying on his ****ing back. AE went that ref three times to ask him what he did. Hinkle FH was going ape****....lol....

bobbu64 likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653

That was the dumbest series of calls I have seen in a long long time. It was beyond exposing.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

Cool pic from the night Hammerington got loose against the Bluejays.

bobbu64 and NCJon like this.