Avery Woodson - Transfer Guard

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Apr 4, 2016.

1. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    Comments like this are so small, particularly on a day filled with great news. Hope you feel better about yourself after this.

2. peeps112

Money:
    $515
    Hoping these three start (Savage at point) with Lewis and Baldwin coming in off the bench at the guard spots. Wonder if we look for one more transfer (my guess is yes).

3. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $355
    I would say vanzant, mack and hayward would be the most athletic backcourt line up we ever had until proven otherwise, but excited for the future.

4. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,181
    Great addition of a shooter, can almost never have too many of those!

5. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $86
    I see he is listed as a Sophomore. How is he eligible for this year?

6. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,695
    He was a JUCO transfer to Memphis.

7. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $86
    Thanks.

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,444
    Man I really, really hope this is the lineup, those three+C and Wideman, with Lewis, Baldwin, Brunk and Fowler off the bench? Yeah dude, that's a hell of a squad. And, no, Woodson nor Savage are true points, but, we haven't had one in years...Lewis can't really give a whole hell of a lot at this level...this is the best way to roll. With Woodson in the fold now, this should be a no brainer.

9. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Member

Money:
    $3,081
    Woodson also brings drive. He choose Butler to get to the big dance. He wants to taste tournament experience. That drive, as a senior, will help the team over the long haul of the season. Like you state, he gives the team balance, and also allows for the freshmen (and Fowler/McD) to naturally progress.

10. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    So does he have 2 or 1 year left?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,285
  12. peeps112

Money:
    $515
    Having Baddley and McD as our 9th and 10th guys shows we are deeper this year than last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,285
    If Baddley is our 9th man, I would hope he and the staff discuss a red-shirt. He's oozing with potential, but I think more than any of the other freshman, his body is going to need a year to adjust to the college game. It would also create some more balance in the classes given McDermott is joining the 16-17 class.

14. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,782
    I would be open to this idea. It certainly worked for Mikhail Bridges.

15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,561
    Yes, looking at one specific example out of thousands is the proper way to analyze everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,065
    A day late, but **** yeah! Awesome news.

Count me in the group that thinks the best lineup is:
    Savage
    Woodson
    Martin
    Big C
    Wideman

Then Baldwin and Lewis reserves at the 1/2 for Baldwin and 1 for Lewis and Brunk/Fowler reserves at the 4/5. Baddley can RS or play spot minutes, and McDermott can be a spot shooter (he has a long way to go physically, as he looked about 130 lbs in person).

17. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,782
    I'm pretty sure you're exaggerating, but, if you aren't, he was listed at 182 pounds as a freshman (keep in mind he's fairly tall for a college guard). He'll have an entire year of lifting by this fall, so I imagine he'll be 190-195 pounds by the start of the season.

18. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,065
    I sat 3rd row at DePaul and court side at Seton Hall. He is indeed tall, and 130lbs is an exaggeration, but the dude is a twig. Looked extremely skinny in street clothes.

19. bulldogs51

bulldogs51 Active Member

Money:
    $170
    He had a staff infection his junior year that left him hospitalized for 6 weeks. I still hope that this is what held him back from filling out his frame. This red shirt year should make that clear. If he was put on a nutrition program and weight room regimen he definitely should be able to add 15-20 good pounds on his frame in that 12 month period. I'm not saying anyone could do that but given his frame and starting weight I would not see it as a stretch. (I don't think he weighed what the program said last year as it looked to me that a light breeze would have knocked him over.)

Sent from my NX785QC8G using Tapatalk

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,020
    He's listed at 6'2" and 180 pounds. Are you talking about Avery Woodson transferring from Memphis? That doesn't sound overly tall for a guard nor a string bean.