Baldwin’s Career

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by znelson15, Feb 6, 2020.

1. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,053
    Well with another Baldwin game winner it’s always fun to talk about where he stand in butler history

First how many game winners is that for him/shot that won the game?

Also he has a chance to be 4th all time ins coring with a few extra game int he big east tourney and NCAA

3rd all time in steals once he passes Barlow

3rd all time in field goal made

9th all time in assists

Plus playing in 80 wins so far in his career which I do not know what that ranks as I could not find any info in wins by a player

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,911
    Don't recall the number but I think Howard had played in the most wins on a career basis, over a hundred as I remember...

znelson15 likes this.
  3. BulldogPowers

BulldogPowers New Member

Money:
    $46
    Ron Bored has played in the most games - 143. His win total looks to be about 109.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Butler Hoops mobile app

znelson15 likes this.
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    Yes—there’s maybe another 2-3 along with Matt who have over 100.

*Depends on if you mean wins they actually played in. Much larger number of players who’s team over the course of 4 years had 100 or more wins.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  5. ButlerGrad1111

ButlerGrad1111 Active Member

Money:
    $315
    I’d say Baldwin is top 2-3 all time. Take into account the level of competition he is playing against, he has also been at the top of the scouting report for 2 years in a row now( others have also) but it’s important to note.
    He has delivered time and time again for on both ends of the court for most of his time at butler.
    Hands down the best closer in BU history.
    I have Gordon Kelan and then Kamar just from a personal order but wouldn’t argue with him number 1

2xDawg, znelson15, Shimmy and 2 others like this.
  6. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Active Member

Money:
    $494
    At one point I thought Veasley had the most wins. Not sure through.

Dogweed and Insane Dawg like this.
  7. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $967
    Veasley played in the seasons ending in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Howard played in the last three of those seasons plus 2011.

Records:
    2007 29-7
    2008 30-4
    2009 26-6
    2010 33-5
    2011 28-10

The overall record for the Veasley years was 118-22 in 140 games, but he did not play in six of those games (missed 1 in 2007, 4 in 2008, and 1 in 2010). The overall record for the Howard years was 117-25. Matt missed only one game, in 2011. I don't have records on whether the team won or lost the games that Veasley and Howard missed. So, even though Matt's teams played in two national championship finals and Willie's played in only one, Willie's teams actually won one more game because the 2007 team won 29 games while the 2011 team won "only" 28.

Overall, Willie actually played in 134 games and Matt played in 141.

So far, Kamar's teams have played in 125 games with a record of 80-45. (To be fair, he's played against a higher level of competition than Veasley and Howard in conference play.) Kamar has played in every game. By the end of the regular season, assuming that he's healthy, he will have played in 133 games, with the BET and the NCAAT yet to go in his amazing career.

Over the same four-year period, McDermott has played in 117 games, not playing in four games in his redshirt freshman year and four games in his sophomore year. The team was 5-3 in those eight games, so the record in games in which he played is 75-42.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    BUcheer, znelson15 and NCJon like this.
  8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,295
    If he maintains his current scoring average of 16 ppg, he will finish the Big East season as 4th all-time on the scoring list. With 5 extra games - say 2 in the BET and 3 in the NCAA - he could catch Fitzgerald for 3rd.

znelson15 likes this.
  9. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,911
    and again. the level of the competiton is much stronger

NCJon likes this.
  10. NCJon

Money:
    $7,295
    Absolutely. It's one of a couple reasons we'll never see anyone break Chad Tucker's scoring record, in my opinion.

But to be fair, Kelan's career was also entirely in the Big East and he's No. 2 on the list.

#60, 2xDawg, znelson15 and 2 others like this.
  11. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,960
    It’s also a really fine line between being better than Kellen, Kelan, and Kamar, but not an nba player.

I think we have two extremes in Howard and Powell this year, but generally anyone who scores at a much higher clip than those guys is an NBA early entrant candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. NCJon

Money:
    $7,295
    Absolutely. That's the other major reason I don't think anyone will catch Tucker. If Butler's got a player scoring as a freshman at the level needed to get to the record in year 4, he'll be gone before he gets there given the level of competition today.

13. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,279
    KB is the best of the best in Butler basketball history.:)

14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,620
    I thought Kamar sat a game or two earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,053
    Thanks for all this great input everyone
    I am die hard butler fan and love chatting about greatest of all time and what player accomplished

To me Baldwin is def top five all town butler, which I even take for granted sometimes because I expect expect even more from him

Either way we will all be very sad when he graduates no matter how this season plays out

Plus he has been butler to the core in my mind and I love that

shoeevv and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  16. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,370
    There were a couple of early games he played very few minutes, but I think he's started every game this season.

17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    When one puts out the entire body of work KB is at the top of the list as an all around guard. Others may have better numbers in certain statistics, but I can think of no one can match his overall play. No one. KB has a combination of skills and athletic ability that make him special.

Sidd Finch likes this.
  18. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,637
    I can understand failing to proofread 2 or 3 paragraphs, but come on! One line? You had one job!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

IndieDawg, pjohnsto2003 and NCJon like this.
  19. Albick

Money:
    $967
    KB played only 5 minutes before getting hurt against IUPUI and 14 minutes against New Orleans.

20. Albick

Money:
    $967
    Among several areas where KB has significantly improved this year is turnover rate. There was a lot of complaining on this board the past couple of years over his number of turnovers. This year, in conference games, he has the 13th lowest turnover rate in the league. (McD is 6th best in the conference in league games and 25th best in the country in all games.)