Baldwin’s Career

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by znelson15, Feb 6, 2020.

1. huss587

huss587 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $426
    Kamar has certainly proven he’s an all-time Butler great. He’s brought it against BE competition, an excellent two-way player, and a stone cold closer.

That being said I still rank (in semi-particular order) Gordon, Shelvin (how has he not been mentioned in this thread yet?!), Matt and Kelan ahead of him... for now.

Plenty of games left for KB - I hope I’m adjusting my personal rankings at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,481
    Those have to be the top 5.

How do you order them? Really hard...

As 4-year Butler players... Howard, Kamar, Kelan, Gordon, Shelvin.

Most talented... Gordon, Kamar, Shelvin, Howard, Kelan.

ButlerNut and huss587 like this.
  3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,620
    We’re talking since 1990-ish, right? I am guessing that names such as Tucker and Archbold will get bandied about here.

PSU - you’ve got GH and SM in your 4YP bucket. Final answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg and ButlerNut like this.
  4. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,699
    Hayward only played 2 years, and Mack only 3. Would have to take them off your 4-year list.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  5. godogs91

Money:
    $3,699
    I would definitely put them on the list, especially as offensive weapons, as well as Fitzgerald. Tucker and Archbold weren't exactly known for their prowess at the defensive end.

6. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $1,991
    I came in here to say the same thing. Shelvin could take a game over in a hurry. Competition wasn’t as good but he was a stud. It would be interesting to see how he would have done in the Big East. Kamar has more clutch moments but I’d say Shelvin’s career had more high profile moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

huss587 likes this.
  7. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $314
    Although not as 'good', there's an argument that AJ Graves was right there for most important. For a while, he was the only thing keeping the program from being Evansville. And then he was key to the 06/07 season that started with an NIT championship and ended with a Sweet 16. In a lot of ways, you can draw a straight line from the 06/07 to Butler in the Big East

8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,269
    How do you have Gordon in your 4-year list?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Hinkle Magic2 and UDDawg like this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    I suppose that is debatable but I'll add KB has slightly better career stats in a majority of categories up to this point. Scoring, rebounding and free throw %. KB has been a primary ballhandler in many instances. Defense comes into consideration as well. KB's biggest negatives are TOs and 3pt. %. Once one factors in the level of competition, remains in contention. It's comparing Wright State to Nova or DePaul to Youngstown State.

10. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,560
    Wow. A Title post I actually agree with.

And if we're talking importance, Mike Green is right up there. If he doesn't transfer to Butler, who knows where this program is today.

11. godogs91

Money:
    $3,699
    Or Mack.

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    No doubting BU has been blessed with so many great guards through the years. All of which made their mark on and off the court.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,722
    I wonder how many games were won in the last five minutes because of KB.

14. ButlerGrad1111

ButlerGrad1111 Active Member

Money:
    $315
    No one is wrong here but if we are going from a talent not what they meant to butler I’d go with Hayward, Mack Kelan, kamar, Howard.
    What they mean/meant to butler I think would be different list I agree with title graves is up there

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    That Darnell Archey kid kind of had something to do with the success of the program too. Dead-eye shooter from 3 and from the FT line.

estar20dawg likes this.
  16. johnhardingftw

johnhardingftw Member

Money:
    $6,413
    Definitely going to be very sad when Kamar moves on. He's definitely one of the top 5 Bulldogs of all time, but I think he's been THE MOST EXCITING to watch. Preaching to the choir here, I'm sure, but his clutch factor, circus shots, and creativity on the court are so much fun to watch.

Let's hope his last game is a W.

17. godogs91

Money:
    $3,699
    We have seen these lists come and go over the years. There will always be passionate discussion on who should be or shouldn't be included. Bottom line, Kamar is the latest in an illustrious group of extremely talented young men to wear a Butler basketball jersey. It has been an honor to watch him over the past 3+ years, and I look forward to him adding another page or two to this chapter of Butler history before all is said and done.

18. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,110
    I might be biased, but I think the Top 5 best players to wear a Butler uniform are: Matt Howard, Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Kelan Martin, and Kamar Baldwin.

Other special modern players: Roosevelt Jones, Kellen Dunham, Andrew Chrabascz, Rotnei Clarke, and Ronald Nored (with his defense and leadership), then you also have the era with AJ Graves, Mike Green, and Pete Campbell.

I can't attest to watching a ton of Butler players much older than that, but I feel like guys like Darnell Archey, Joel Cornette, and Rylan Hainje were huge in the program's foundation and earlier success.

(If I slighted anyone, this isn't an all-encompassing list, but just who immediately came to my mind).

19. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,802
    Clutch factor has to play a role. Kamar is a Top 3 player in BU history IMO.

1) Howard
    2) Kamar
    3) Kelan
    4) Shel
    5) Hayward

znelson15 likes this.
  20. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    I seem to recall there was a thread a while back (maybe started by @Lukas Harkins ) about the best Butler players. This seems to be a reincarnation of that.

Not that I mind...at least everyone here is talking Butler Basketball, is being positive, and is offering realistic comments. I guess beating Nova is a good cureall until Sunday...

DawgsMD, seadawg and godogs91 like this.