Baldwin’s Career

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by znelson15, Feb 6, 2020.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    To me, Butler’s “modern era” begins when Barry was named HC. Brought BU out of the doldrums. But plenty of great Bulldog players before then—just really hard to compare—but still count as BU greats.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    Although KB is considerably larger, Wayne Burris always comes to mind in a comparison of similarities.

WestLoopDog likes this.
  3. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,607
    Good observation—Butler started to consistently make noise after that. I’m afraid I’m going to have to put your tweet from a few days ago in the freezing cold takes file though:)

We’ll see after this week, but it starting to look like a total collapse. Who exactly are they better? Even the bad teams, like DePaul, are physical outmatches for them. They’re at risk of not making the Tourney - a historic collapse from the Top 5

4. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,109
    I consider everything not late Horizon League to not be modern, but that just might be my age bracket.

Just seems like playing in the Big East Conference these days means we've come a long way.

5. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,699
    For those of us not on Twitter, which of his many cold takes are you referencing?

6. seadawg

Money:
    $5,960
    BU has certainly come a long way since the days of Indiana Collegiate Conference.

7. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,607
    That’s his tweet from Wednesday before the Nova game—where it begins “We’ll see after this week....”.

godogs91 likes this.
  8. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $1,991
    Kamar’s game always reminded me of Rosie his junior and senior year, really frustrating at times and other times amazed at the magical and absurd things he did to win games. I remember saying the same things I do when Kamar’s dribbling out a possession...”what are you doing?!?” Often followed by “I can’t believe he just made that shot!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

huss587 and jeff like this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,721
    Starting five Howard, Martin , Mack, Baldwin and Hayward . Bench- Rotnei, Chrabs, Green, Dunham and Shepard

EagleIan likes this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,721
    Five toughest?

11. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $552
    That is about when I started paying attention. I moved to Indianapolis from Mi in 2002 and tried to follow IU at first but it is hard to follow a team that you don't like. I was vaguely aware of Butler and liked the idea of having an underdog team to root for. WMU was always an underdog. I remember the 2006 NIT tournament and started following the scores only that year and then watched the Horizon league and NCAA tournament. I stayed at that level for a couple of years (follow the scores and then watch the tournaments). The 2010 season really grabbed me but I still didn't watch a regular season game and had yet to see a game live. After the tournament run I was hooked and watched every game I could the 2010/11 year. The next year I got season tickets (2011/12) and have upgraded every year since until I got what I think are perfect seats. Row 6 right behind the Butler bench.

Sometimes I feel like an outsider since I never went to Butler like most people on this board. However, I think it is quite the tribute to Butler to make such a hardcore fan out of someone with no connection to Butler (although I have had many Butler students work for me). Everything about Butler grabbed my attention. It is the Butler Way. I just love the way things are done. It is just so opposite of IU.

#60, shoeevv, DawgFan and 14 others like this.
  12. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $552
    That would mean we win the national title

johnhardingftw likes this.
  13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,205
    Don't feel like an outsider, at all. This program needs more and more non-alumni fans!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60, WMUDog, Sidd Finch and 1 other person like this.
  14. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,911
    Go watch the Zags play at home and you will see what that is all about - big time community behind those guys.

WMUDog, bwesson15 and jeff like this.
  15. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,279
    seadawg likes this.
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $5,960
    Toughest... 1. Mike Marshall, 2. Jeff Blue, 3. Mike Green 4. Steve Norris 5. "Big" Ed Schilling IMHO.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  17. seadawg

Money:
    $5,960
    Rylan Hainje was pretty damn tough too! Bill Mauck could fight as well...LOL

Insane Dawg likes this.
  18. Danville Bulldog

Money:
    $1,279
    ButlerNut likes this.
  19. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $307
    I was just thinking about this recently and I'm glad Mike Green is getting recognition, as well as Archey. My two favorites pre-Final Fours.

ButlerNut likes this.
  20. Danville Bulldog

Money:
    $1,279
    Don't forget Rosie.