Baldwin’s Career

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by znelson15, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,722
    No one was tougher than Howard.

DawgFan, Shimmy, DCDawg and 7 others like this.
  2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,269
    You might want to put that in quotes, lest people think that is YOUR freezing cold take. Lol

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    You're always welcome to be an honorary Bulldog

#60 and WMUDog like this.
  4. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    Agree here. Kid would have played with a broken nose and 4 broken ribs.

5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,481
    I’ll have what he’s having.

#60, NCJon, ButlerNut and 1 other person like this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,481
    So everyone was up in arms about my list. Let me clarify. I know Gordon was only here 2 years and Mack only 3.

My logic was that they are both so good in the 2 and 3 years they were here, that they still beat out other good 4-year players (like Green, Archey, Graves, etc.).

Does that logic make sense? Possibly not, but I wrote the post at midnight MT after my 3rd straight day of ripping the deep pow in Jackson Hole. I was exhausted, so it made sense to me.

*Shrugs*

Insane Dawg and ButlerNut like this.
  7. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $504
    After enjoying a front-row seat as Kamar dazzled us for years, here’s my take.

He’s surely in the top 10 all-time Butler players. I think there is an argument for him to be in the top five.

The crazy part is... his career is not over yet. With that being said, I think he’s cemented himself as the most clutch Butler player of all time. Rare to find a freshman hit a game-winner in his second college game.

His journey is one for the record books. He put Winder on the map, which is something he told me he planned to do back in 2016.

When people talk about the Butler Way, Kamar personifies it. He is the first athlete that comes to mind when I think about it. This man always handles himself with class.

I’m glad I got to watch him play. This dude became a man.

#60, bwesson15, znelson15 and 12 others like this.
  8. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $504
    kmacker69, Tentozen and ButlerNut like this.
  9. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,521
    A couple of personal Kamar stories to share: First, I was at an Atlanta area restaurant back in November 2015, wearing Butler BB gear. A couple of women came up to me & commented on Butler with one saying her son would be attending Butler the following fall to play basketball. Said he was really excited about playing there. Of course her son was Kamar Baldwin. Second, I was in a check out line behind Kamar at a store the summer before last. I mentioned to him I was an alum, season ticket holder, & big fan. Ended up talking to him for about 15 minutes. He was extremely kind, polite, & humble.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

#60, bwesson15, DawgFan and 13 others like this.
  10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    True. I need to learn how to embed tweets-ha.

ButlerNut likes this.
  11. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $967
  12. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $1,991
    I still remember that game where he got hit in the face and blood was just running everywhere. He clearly just wanted to get patched up and play ball. Bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

#60 and Insane Dawg like this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    It’s tough comparing one player against another for obvious reasons. KB is firmly in my top five best Butler players of all time. Obviously it’s tough to pick the GOAT because of multiple reasons so I was thinking among all the players who will I miss the most from the past twenty years. These are my five:

Howard
    Mack
    Baldwin
    McDermott
    Martin

harvesting likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    There is a difference between toughness and dirty. Howard was tough. Blue was tough. Schilling was tough. Martin was tough.

IndieDawg likes this.
  15. EagleIan

EagleIan Member

Money:
    $81
    I like Howard, Mack, Hayward, Baldwin and Martin as the best five in the Barry to now era. So many laid the groundwork for what the program is today. Joining the Big East was really cool. Holding your own in the Big East is the stage we are in. Winning a Big East title is the next box to check. I will say that winning a Big East title and winning a National Championship are not that far apart in degree of difficulty.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Insane Dawg likes this.
  16. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,077
    You want to believe this sort of thing is true, so it’s nice to hear.

DawgPoundMac and bobbu64 like this.
  17. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $552
    This plus his reaction when Baldwin made the shot, and other shots of Kalif on the bench lead me to think he must be a good team mate. He just lost his playing time and he looks like he is all in with the team

#60, bwesson15, Sidd Finch and 4 others like this.
  18. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,279
    KB is most likely the greatest dribbler in Butler history. He dribbled between his legs twice before the winning shot. I didn't notice until I saw the Twitter replay a few times.

19. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,802
    He’s not even the best dribbler on this team.