Banners

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by butlerguy03, Aug 15, 2019.

1. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Member

Money:
    $158
    New banners going up... o_O

MBA2003 likes this.
  2. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,264
    Looking Good!

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $483
    Where are the NIT ones?

4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    In the trash! *hopefully*

5. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $198
    Agreed no NIT banners unless it is the NIT Preseason Championship that we beat IU and ND and then travelled to MSG and beat Gonzaga and came back home the next night and won. Had game at home scheduled because we didn’t even think we would be playing in MSG.

ButlerFan89 likes this.
  6. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,768
    I hope they kept the original banner. It would be a great piece to put in one of the glass cases or auction off

MBA2003 likes this.
  7. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,348
    We've had this discussion a few times over the years, but unlike a lot of folks here I have no issue with putting up NIT banners. I'd prefer they be there.

ButlerNut and DawgPoundMac like this.
  8. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,183
    I’m sure we’re in the minority but I agree with you. Even though it’s not the ultimate goal you still have to earn your way into the NIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerNut, DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  9. dippper61

dippper61 Member

Money:
    $118
    Anyone know if any replicas of these or the previous ones are available to purchase? Have looked a few times over the years and was never able to find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    Yes, nothing like celebrating the 16-17 disaster of last year. You can’t put a banner up for every season.

11. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,348
    Nobody is advocating a banner for every season, although we're a little spoiled as Butler fans that they have only once missed the postseason entirely in the last 13 seasons.

A lot of schools put up something for NIT appearances and I have no issue with it. Creates a picture of excellence, imo, when you look up and can see that a program has such sustained quality over time that even in a down year like last season they made the NIT.

ButlerNut and BU_NeonHat like this.
  12. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    How about a larger banner for NIT that has room for multiple years? Just list the year, not the record.

fdr, Shimmy, bumba and 4 others like this.
  13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,718
    No new banners up yet in Hinkle , but the AC duct work gives the old fieldhouse a different look. If any lighting is to be changed over to LED, it has yet to be completed.

14. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    What does the ductwork look like?(metal, white, etc). Your comment makes it sound like it sticks out quite a bit?

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,561
    I'd rather see individual Sweet 16/F4 banners than NIT banners. Agree with others make one NIT banner with all the years.

dippper61 likes this.
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $3,718
    Silver galvanized round tubing, 6-8 ft. in diameter which goes around the entire perimeter. It will be noticed. but won't interfere visually or with the roof windows. LED lighting would allow BU much more flexibility during the pregame introductions along with energy efficiency. BU was roughly about 50% LED already. The other lighting requires a short warm up duration.

17. dreamcrusher78

dreamcrusher78 New Member

Money:
    $24
    I was there on thursday for my select a seat. The lighting is being updated. The hanging lights that obstructed some views are being removed and (I think) LED lighting is being added on the rafters. I would like it to track lighting. Things such as introductions by dimming the lights will be possiblity from what I was told.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Butler Hoops mobile app

seadawg likes this.
  18. seadawg

Money:
    $3,718
    Another advantage to LED lighting is longevity, although the housings are costly initially. The savings in the long run should prove a worthwhile investment.

19. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    A4CE6A6A-F382-49F8-979B-AF3B0F37A0D4.jpeg

Looking east. As Seadawg says, runs perimeter of the arena. Will take a little getting used to, but I thought that about the videoboard too.

seadawg likes this.
  20. seadawg

Money:
    $3,718
    If some the older fans might remember, BU once had a row of extra flood lights just above the court for televised games.