Banners

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by butlerguy03, Aug 15, 2019.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,513
    Pyrotechnics ! LOL

2. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $162
    ^Yeah those

seadawg likes this.
  3. Mad_Dawg 48

Mad_Dawg 48 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $130
    Throw in some bubble machines and watch the 5 star commitments start to roll in.

Shimmy, dawgs2014 and seadawg like this.
  4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,717
    Hopefully they keep the light shows to a minimum. Let us be different rather than copy cats.

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,352
    If they can spice things up to get the players and the students excited, do it. We need the student section to grow and be into it. They're the ones that create the atmosphere and excitement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,896
    Nothing wil
    Nothing will match the UIC “Lighting of the Flame” ceremony for sheer goosebumps.

6830A922-9498-40F4-8780-56CFCD613610.jpeg

Alcohol101 and thebulldogs like this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,352
    It looks like all 12 people loved it.

BoyGeoff, PharmDDawg and BUcheer like this.
  8. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Active Member

Money:
    $227
    Totally disagree. Leaving the lights on with cheesy music playing isn’t enticing to anyone, especially the recruits. If we want to be “different” by having the atmosphere of a high school basketball team, the student section energy will be low and the same recruits who see all the pregame antics at Xavier, Purdue etc will choose elsewhere. We gotta get with the times, not get left behind in the dirt

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99, SpartanDawgs and dippper61 like this.
  9. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    But what about our family atmosphere? Think of the children! Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children??

10. IrishDawghouse

Money:
    $227
    Little Timmy would think the light show and “Sandstorm” blaring through the speakers is badass

BulldogsFTW and SpartanDawgs like this.
  11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,664
    The LED lights don't change colors... the red light provided in the UGA red out was provided by the ribbon banner light boards, not the stadium LED lights...

12. IrishDawghouse

Money:
    $227
    Ah... ribbon boards in Hinkle it is!

13. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,664
    [​IMG]

I hear there are some pyrotechnical workers looking for hire after the Titans vs Colts pregame show... :rolleyes::eek::oops:

14. seadawg

Money:
    $6,513
    Plus you can flame grill the burgers and tailgate in the stadium.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  15. seadawg

Money:
    $6,513
    BTW, Actually some LED bulbs are capable of changing color. That is not what BU would use. It would be high intensity LEDs that can be digitally programmed to move or be stationary and they do come many shades of all colors. These lights would have smaller individual fixtures. Track lighting is in a fixed position and have been installed at Hinkle. Not saying this what is planned but it is in the realm of possibility. LED technology evolving. LEDs were used at the ND-Georgia football game. The Minnesota Vikings use purple LEDs the same way.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  16. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,325
    Maybe I should have expanded on my thoughts some. I personally do not care for the flashy big lights and sound intros. I feel it takes the emphasis off of good basketball.

HOWEVER, it's true that many fans and recruits love that stuff and to them, it makes the Butler experience more satisfying. If bringing the circus shows to Hinkle makes it easier for BU to compete for recruits then that's fine. Let's do it!

17. seadawg

Money:
    $6,513
    I'll stay neutral because part of me is "old school" and in not in favor of gimmicks or chest thumping, but in theory it should not effect the quality of basketball played?

UDDawg likes this.
  18. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,498
    How does having a cool intro take away from good basketball? Georgia sure plays good football with good intro

bmradio99 and IrishDawghouse like this.
  19. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,325
    The super-intros charge these guys up and that's a good thing. I personally am not a fan of the "Celebrate ME" culture we see in sports (and everywhere else) with the excessive showboating and elaborate celebrations of run-of-the-mill performances. I see the circus-intros in a similar light.

But as I said, kids dig it and it's their show. When I become Butler AD I can change to something different.

[Full Disclosure: I do not believe that I will become Butler AD in the foreseeable ever.]

BoyGeoff, seadawg and Bulldogs260 like this.
  20. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,352
    I still get some goose bumps when I see the late Jordan era Chicago Bulls intro.