Banners

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by butlerguy03, Aug 15, 2019.

1. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $901
    Yep..that Allan Parsen's project intro "Sirius" was pretty cool at both the Chicago stadium and United Center.

Go Dawgs!

Sent from my moto z4 using Butler Hoops mobile app

TheDawgDub95 and knobcreekfan like this.
  2. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,574
    I'm pretty sure I saw a picture posted from a Volleyball game where they did intros with a blue light effect on the floor of the court coming from the ceiling. I'm not sure how they did it, but looks like they may have color changing LED lights above the court....

IrishDawghouse and BUcheer like this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,352
    My older daughter will be in the Dawg Pound this year. I'm sure she will love it if they have some sort of added effect.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003 likes this.
  4. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,498
  5. Mad_Dawg 48

Mad_Dawg 48 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $130
    NateDog likes this.
  6. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,015
    I’m hoping they up the atmosphere this year. Great to add new lights and banners, but that trash 2013 pop music has to go. Nothing like getting pumped for a game listening to Harry Styles and Imagine Dragons. Old white people at Butler, hip-hop can be fun too! Listen to the lyrics that are on pop radio, and you’ll never have a problem with hip-hop again.

Also, the old people that can’t walk 50ft without taking a break need to get out of the lower bowl. The students need to be better this year, and the ones that sit in the upper deck please don’t come to games.

I’ll leave you with some Lil Tecca:

BHayden and dawgs2014 like this.
  7. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,498
    What I’m seeing on Instagram looks cool. Players seem to love it. Gets dark with blue lights shining down. Jerseys are fresh in the all white

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

jkcdawgs likes this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,513
    If you plan to discriminate by age BU may not have many butts in seats?

MBA2003 likes this.
  9. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $771
    Pretty sure it is not the “old people” in the stands deciding on music or lighting. I see way more empty seats in the student section. They should figure out a way to fill student seats every game or go with supply and demand and shrink the number of student seating.
    For me, I just don’t give a S__t what they play. I am there to watch quality hoops. I love when Hinkle is exploding due to fine play. There is no venue quite like that and I’ve been to many. But it ain’t the music that drives it. So play whatever the hell the students want. Hopefully more of them will show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

MBA2003 and ButlerNut like this.
  10. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,498
    They need to play Meek Mill. 2018 super bowl entrance for the eagles still gives me goose bumps

jkcdawgs and bmradio99 like this.
  11. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,498
    jkcdawgs likes this.
  12. seadawg

Money:
    $6,513
    Winning games is the main factor putting butts in seats.

13. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $789
    Exactly. The Power 5 school in my backyard has had 2 winning seasons in the last 10 years.

They have all the pregame hype you could ask for. Arena goes dark. Lights change colors for each player. Spotlights on players. Loud music. Cheerleaders and mascot doing their thing. Announcer screaming the players names. Pyrotechnics.

Then the lights come back on for the 1000 people in the 15,000+ seat arena. Most will leave at the half.

MBA2003 likes this.
  14. seadawg

Money:
    $6,513
    In the least it appears BU will be using some ambient blue lighting.

15. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,352
    I think all can agree that winning and quality play are paramount. With that said, if we can do things on the margin to improve student attendance and amp up the energy, I think it will pay dividends on the primary objective through more exposure and landing top talent.

Student sections create the energy not 46 year olds, like me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,432
    Get out of here with these reasonable observations.

BHayden, Shimmy, DawgPoundMac and 6 others like this.
  17. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,015
    It sounds like there are a few mad 78 year olds at me. Look, if all of the old people cheered like Wally, I wouldn’t have an issue. The people that don’t cheer don’t need to come. I don’t care that you (general term) just come to watch good basketball. And once again, students that come because it’s cool, please don’t.

18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,764
    For me, seeing a game at Hinkle, when the other team is forced to take a T.O. because of a Butler run, that's the loudest Hinkle ever gets. I don't know too many fans who go to Hinkle for the intro music and special effects. They go to scream like mad when Jorgenson hits a 35 footer against Nova, or when Kamar strips the ball in the final minute.

19. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,161
    I like your opinion. We won't need to worry about the seat selection process. I can go back to sitting anywhere I want, like I did in the late 80's because there were only a hand full of people at Hinkle. LMAO

BoyGeoff and bmradio99 like this.
  20. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,764
    I watched a ton of games in the late 80's and early 90's. Plenty of room at Hinkle. Glad we don't have that problem now.

BoyGeoff likes this.