Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    As often as Nored moves I wouldn’t have him on my wish list. Ditto for anyone else related to Butler. We need a head coach with proven experience.

2. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,632
    You simply can’t have a 5th head coach in a 6 year period. You can’t.

Imagine trying to recruit anyone going forward. How hollow would it sound for a coach to tell a kid that Butler is so special and the best place for them, when our own coaches continue to demonstrate that they don’t even believe that for themselves?

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    RPEye, Sidd Finch, bwesson15 and 7 others like this.
  3. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,716
    If BC doesn’t have a list that is updated weekly given the last few years, then he deserves to fired immediately for cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    Every AD worth their salt like any CEO should have contingency plans if they lose a key employee.

OldSchoolDawg1983 likes this.
  5. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,300
    Man I don’t blame folks for doing what’s best for their families but hard to take any coach speak about how “Butler is different” as empty lip service at this point.

Tentozen and Daddysmack like this.
  6. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,937
    No one with an ounce of commonsense, and particularly a seasoned gambler is going to bet a dime with these ridiculous odds. There isn't enough money being wagered for line movements to mean anything. You could blindly bet horses based on nothing but their names and lose less money. Spend five minutes looking at a Racing Forum and you can find multiple infinitely better 6-1 bets than Bobby Hurley taking the Michigan job.

7. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,488
    I’m normally pretty level headed in my posts but if this **** happens again.

I know people rag on LJ for some x and o stuff but I don’t care if it’s doink the ****ing clown if he said he would for sure stay for 4-6 years.

I just can’t believe anything a college coach says, ever again (probably shouldn’t have believed anything they said in the first place, but alas). As much as it sucks for fans, sucks more for the players already there tbh.

But seriously, if this happens again, **** this ****. ****. This. ****.

It just goes to show guys like Few and Wright are one in a million.

End rant.

8. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,541
    Pretty much where I'm at right now. I've even started to try to convince myself that if this happens, Danny Ainge will end up doing something stupid like resigning Kyrie and Brad will say F it and decide he wants to come home...just to keep some semblance of my sanity.

Daddysmack likes this.
  9. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,553
    My thoughts exactly, especially as a degenerate horse gambler.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $156

Of course, those are obvious sucker bets like Brad Stevens, but 2 to 1 generally means something in horse racing.....so my point is, if he jumped up that much there is a reason. Regardless of the reason, there is one. I think the reason is based on timing as many have said above.

If this was 2 months ago it may be a different story. But based on timing, who would leave their job except LJ on that board?

My only real hope is that LJ wont leave his alma matter in shambles, and he has a conscience. Maybe he LOVES Butler more than we know, but of course there is financial considerations for his family that he has to deal with

RPEye likes this.
  11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    I still maintain he's not getting this gig.

But if he does...oh my if he does. The carnage would be unbelievable. Like barely able to field a team unbearable.

12. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,937
    In horse racing you know exactly who the competition is and can handicap accordingly. In this case not only do you not know the competition, you don't even know if the horse you just bet on is actually running. This is mostly just to get some new eyes on their web pages. Which is perfectly fine, but I find the whole thing really amusing. Until they add a "field" choice I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Tentozen and Daddysmack like this.
  13. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,488
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    In MUCH more important news, Beverly Hills, 90210 is returning August 7th on FOX. YES!!!!!!!

Daddysmack likes this.
  15. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $412
    I would expect Shrewsberry or Matta to be the Butler head coach if LJ goes to Michigan. I think Shrewsberry could keep the team and recruiting trending in a positive direction due to his NBA ties and that is the hot thing right now. That said I don’t think LJ gets the Michigan job when it is all said and done.

Daddysmack likes this.
  16. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    At least the Cubs won! Ha.

The underlying theme here with all the HC's leaving Butler has to be recruiting. They must all feel that they can't compete with Butler's budget compared to others in and out of conference. Maybe they could talk and recruit kids but no one could get the top kids. Even a strong Holt staff struggled and maybe LJ feels the same way??

Tentozen and Army Dawg!!! like this.
  17. nindiana

nindiana Member

Money:
    $122
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,087
    This feels exactly like Holt and Ohio State. Like spot on same feeling. I’m officially ****ing nervous

19. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    This is BS. I really hope Lavall stays put. I can tell you for a fact that he has been at Michigan today. I know it for fact. Daman this would completely put us at the bottom of big east for long time to come

Daddysmack likes this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    RIP Dylan McKay.

Hire Forbes.